Thread: Lightweight Remington Firing Pin

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Lightweight Remington Firing Pin

Any one out their using a lightweight firing pin in their Remington 700 to shorten lock time? If so, did you notice an improvement in accuracy and would you recommend these? I'm getting a Timney Trigger for my SPS and was wondering if this was a legitimate upgrade? Thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've used the Tubb aluminum and Blackheart titanium pins and notice a definite difference in lock time. It's usually the first thing I swap if I buy a 700.

The physics and math and background for the patent says a lighter, faster pin lights primers better as well.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I've used the Tubb aluminum and Blackheart titanium pins and notice a definite difference in lock time. It's usually the first thing I swap if I buy a 700.
    Do you have a preference between the two?

Thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think Blackheart is out of business, so by default the Tubb Speedlock is your best bet. On sale right now, too.

Pacific Tool and Gage and GreTan both carry fluted steel pins as alternates.

Feedback Score
    interesting. thanks

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think Blackheart is out of business, so by default the Tubb Speedlock is your best bet. On sale right now, too.

Thanks for the info. I've used the Tub in a 700P that I had. Just trying to find out if it really makes a difference or if its just the placebo effect.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Thank you very much. I will hunt down a Tubb unit.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well I was watching this thread and checked out Tubbs Website myself, lots of good stuff for sure ! I needed a scope bubble level and really liked the one he offered so I grabbed it along with the Speedlock firing pin for my Remington. It looks like they shipped it already so maybe by Saturday I'll have it, probably Monday for sure. I'll keep ya posted on what I think and how it preforms, I'm optimistic that it will be a nice difference. Being on Sale was a bonus also !

Feedback Score
    badass,,,,,,,thanks sinister

Feedback Score

The physics and math and background for the patent says a lighter, faster pin lights primers better as well.
    That works for me as well, and you can tell the difference.