Thread: benelli m4 turkey gun?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

benelli m4 turkey gun?

I was wondering if I use the right choke and shot combination would my benelli m4 hold a tight enough pattern to effectively hunt turkey? I'm thinking 50 yards would be sufficient.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    50 yards is a heck of a long shot on a turkey. You'll want a super full turkey choke and then pattern your gun. I'm thinking 25-30 yards max as you shoot them in the head. You can body shoot them but they will absorb the shot with big puffs of feathers going everywhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It will def hit at 50. But yes, get the full turkey choke and know your pattern. But it will work as well as any other shotgun.
    Happy hunting
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes 50 yards would be my max. I killed a nice Tom yesterday at about 40 with my 870. My benelli is such a nice shotgun I was hoping to get a little more use out of it other than just home defense. And it shoots 3" turkey loads with little felt recoil.

Feedback Score
    Some are claiming to get out to 50 with the Winchester Long Beard and a very tight tube.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My father in law shoots turkeys with an 18 inch Benelli M1, with the right load and a really tight choke you shouldn't have a problem.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From reviews I have read they aren't likely to do 50 yards cleanly, but Federal has Flite Control turkey loads that are supposed to work well @ 30-40 out of cylinder chokes.

Wish I had learned about them prior to getting set up for screw in chokes.