Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the bare minimum acceptable 1911?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another option would be Springfield MIL spec for $575 at Buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RIA GI is the rock bottom in my safe. It is probably one of the cheapest pistols I've ever purchased and I consider it a great value for the $$.

Feedback Score
    As you can see opinions differ wildly...

Mine is that a Sprinfield TRP is kind of the baseline for any serious SD/HD 1911. That pistol is such a great pistol and it has a lot of bang for the buck.

Feedback Score
    This is only my opinion, but for a new HD nightstand 1911, you're about $300 short. Reason being that at that price range, there are FAR superior HD pistol options available.

If you are wanting to learn the platform, the above advice is all solid. Otherwise I'd buy a better used gun, as WillBrink suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would think that the basic Colt M1991 pistols or the Series 70 re-makes would be a good bet for a bare minimum 1911.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On your budget, I would consider a Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec pistol. https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...rized-package/

Springfield Armory has a great warranty should you have an issue with the pistol. If you can stretch a few more dollars, I would look at buying a Springfield with a dovetail front sight. It would make it easier to upgrade sights at a later date.

If you decide to buy a used 1911, I suggest having someone knowledgeable check the pistol over before committing to a purchase. There are a lot of Dremel gunsmiths in the world and you just don't know what you are getting into unless you know what problems to look for.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Wilson Combat Supergrade is the acceptable minimum for confidence and carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Wilson Combat Supergrade is the acceptable minimum for confidence and carry.
    Agree. Not necessarily with the brand mentioned above but I would spend whatever benjimins needed for a rock-solid reliable pistol.

Feedback Score
    you're nuts. I got almost all the bells and whistles on an alloy Commander length Filipino made 9mm, for $400 at Rural King. Even that is too much gun to bother with carrying. What I use for ccw is a pocket 9mm, but the 1911 variant is the practice gun. I"ll spend the $2000 difference on components and scrap lead. Tell Bill "hi" from the guy who rode with him to the first IPSC champs.
    Last edited by helluva; 05-12-16 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    For a nightstand 1911 you might want a 1911 with a rail to attach a light so I'm thinking one of the Springfield Operator Models.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast