Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock for FBI? (G17M)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New Glock for FBI? (G17M)

Anyone heard anything about Glock releasing a new frame that has a lack of or removable finger grooves to comply with the FBI's new pistol requirements?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't have any knowledge at all about the RFP, but I would imagine/hope we see interchangeable front straps as well as the current back straps.

We've got medium and large back straps both with and without a beaver tail, maybe we'll see smooth, G17-size, and G19-size finger grooved front straps across all of the available guns. That would be a minor production cost once the R&D was done, and allow a huge variability in frame size and fit for any shooter.

Feedback Score
    This is the main reason why I'm holding off any new glock purchases. Saving it for one without those stupid grooves!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It has been over six years since the Gen 4 introduction.

While I don't think we will get a "Gen 5" soon, per say, I do think we could see new models/variations start.

Maybe even an updated Gen 4, or a 4.5 if they add the front straps for LEO and Agencies use.

No matter what, if they do release them, don't expect to have one in hand for awhile. Especially if their primary concern would be to get them in Agent's hands as fast as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    It has been over six years since the Gen 4 introduction.

While I don't think we will get a "Gen 5" soon, per say, I do think we could see new models/variations start.

Maybe even an updated Gen 4, or a 4.5 if they add the front straps for LEO and Agencies use.

No matter what, if they do release them, don't expect to have one in hand for awhile. Especially if their primary concern would be to get them in Agent's hands as fast as possible.
    They should release a gen5 and go back to using gen 3 slides and making the frame more customizable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    This is the main reason why I'm holding off any new glock purchases.
    The VP9 is the main reason I'm holding off any new Glock purchases.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    - Interchangeable front and back straps
    - Gen 3 slide
    - RTF texturing (without the "Fish Gills")
    - Ditch the bracket rear sight for solid black, maybe widen the notch a little
    - Imperceptibly larger slide removal lever (trapezoidal?)
    - Slightly larger/longer magazine release (ambi?)
    - Ambi slide release lever

That's all I'd want from a Gen 5. In terms of engineering and manufacturing costs, it shouldn't be too pricey. A lot of that is what people seem to do with their Fun Guns anyway.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really hope this is true, I'm tired of spending time or money modifying the grip. Now with the gen 4 texturing and beavertail back straps if they loose the finger grooves all I'll have to do is undercut the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Anyone heard anything about Glock releasing a new frame that has a lack of or removable finger grooves to comply with the FBI's new pistol requirements?
    Yes, I have. We (the public) probably won't see it till fall though.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If this is a real thing, I'm in like Flint.
    A Glock Gen 3/4 with removable finger grooves in 17, 19, and 21 is worth waiting for.

I've begrudgingly lived with finger grooves but can't wait for an option that doesn't require mutilation of my frame.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast