Thread: S&W Model 22A

Feedback Score

S&W Model 22A

FYI............ Brand new pistol, purchased by my 16 yr.old son with his own money(registered to my wife's CCW)before I went to Iraq last year. Shot it for the first time last month. Did NOT get thru one magazine(factory ones)without multiple malfunctions. Failure to feed, failure to fire, extraction issues, stovepipes(horizontal ones because of the top strap design). Off to S&W for repair. Three weeks later it returns(last Tuesday)......SAME PROBLEMS. It left via UPS again yesterday. Maybe it was a "Monday gun", don't know. Used NEW federal jacket 22LR ammo. Anybody have a similiar experience with this model??? I KNEW I should stick to Smith for revovers ONLY!!
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The 22A seems to be hit and miss.

They should have stuck with the 422, 622, 2206 models. Those were good guns.

Feedback Score
    I have one with almost 1000 rounds so far for just practicing the basics, target shooting, trigger control, double taps, new shooter trainer, etc... No malfunctions yet, but I didn't know they were hit or miss. FYI, you do have to load the mags carefully and I only use the FMJ stuff.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling