Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine extensions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had mixed results running mag extensions on my 870's and mossberg 930spx. Followers seemed to get hung up on them every now and again.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    It is more than likely is the spring hanging up in the joint between the extension and magazine tube. Guys commonly have a problem with a new extension not holding the advertised capacity because the spring is pinched between the tube and extension when being installed. I prefer Nordic tubes because you install the extension to the magazine before the spring and end cap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    It is more than likely is the spring hanging up in the joint between the extension and magazine tube. Guys commonly have a problem with a new extension not holding the advertised capacity because the spring is pinched between the tube and extension when being installed. I prefer Nordic tubes because you install the extension to the magazine before the spring and end cap.
    I've had that happen as well. On my 930 spx though, I could feel the follower catch a bit right when it got past the extension. And on some 870's I would have issues every now and again with the follower not wanting to transition into the extension, and I'd have to loosen it and remount it just right for it to travel smoothly. Haven't tried a nordic extension though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwikrex View Post
    And on some 870's I would have issues every now and again with the follower not wanting to transition into the extension, and I'd have to loosen it and remount it just right for it to travel smoothly. Haven't tried a nordic extension though.
    This seems to be one of those glitches that some 870 extensions have and some don't, while others can have it occur (or not) after reassembly. I have had it happen with a couple of different +2 extensions. The last time I installed a +2, I took every precaution I could think of, assumed it would work and put the gun away without a function check. Dumb, dumb, dumb…

toc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had that issue a bit. With the factory follower, about 1 out of 7 times I would load the tube, the rear edge of the follower would catch the seam and I couldn't load any more.

I replaced the follower with a GG&G, and it only happened about 1 out of 15 times. I then got an S&J delrin follower and really rounded the rear edge of it, no problems since.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    Good info here. I decided not to add an extension.

I don't want any reliability issues and I don't want the extra weight out at the muzzle. Plus when I fire a lot of rounds I'm constantly feeding rounds into it anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Good info here. I decided not to add an extension.

I don't want any reliability issues and I don't want the extra weight out at the muzzle. Plus when I fire a lot of rounds I'm constantly feeding rounds into it anyway.
    It's kind of amazing how much handier a gun can get with less weight out front.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    It's kind of amazing how much handier a gun can get with less weight out front.
    One of the advantages of the Nordic tubes is they weigh almost nothing empty. For sporting purposes just load a couple of shells.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Though I have not tried one, these look pretty good;

http://sjhardware.com/store/modules....&cPath=107_120
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Though I have not tried one, these look pretty good;

http://sjhardware.com/store/modules....&cPath=107_120
    S&J does good work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12