Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmers Walk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Farmers Walk

Anyone here use Farmers Walks in their strength training routines? What equipment do you use?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    Anyone here use Farmers Walks in their strength training routines? What equipment do you use?
    Farmer's walk is a great strength/endurance exercise. I keep it simple and use heavy dumbells. Not much else to it, imo.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Yes, everyday. I use it to get warmed up and motivated. Keep it light - 50# dumbbells up and down the street for 15 minutes.

-Bryan

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Every morning and evening unless I'm working my full time Medic job (24 on 48 off). Feed bags around about buckets of feed weigh roughly 20lbs and it takes 10 one way trips to fill all the cattle feeders.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a pair of five gallon gas jugs about 3/4 or so full of play sand; they weigh about 80 lbs each. I usually go for short distances between sets of KB or body weight exercises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sure, kettlebell in each hand and off I go!
    SF

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    All the time. Weight varies some. If I'm going heavy and at my gym I'll load up a trap bar and do farmer walk/sled push sets

Feedback Score
    I do it at the gym with heavier dumbells. Try to walk about 200 feet while maintaining great posture, repeat as I increase weight. If done right, it's an exercise from shoulder to calf.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Today: 1200m farmer's carry,70lbs. Every time you put down the KBs, sprint back to the start and then back to the KBs.

That's prescribed. The heaviest I have is one 45lb KB so I may have to do it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I do this quite a bit. Either my own bodyweight in each hand (190 lbs) or 225 if I'm feeling up to it, in the gym parking lot, as many laps as I can bear.

The gym owner welded some farmer handles together; they weigh 25 pounds each and standard barbell plates can be added on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast