Thread: Factory fodder that mimics P9HST2 ballistically?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Factory fodder that mimics P9HST2 ballistically?

Looking for some (cheap?) factory fodder that ballistically mimics Federal's 147gr HST 9mm P9HST2 (the NON +p one) as it is the ammo I will be using for Self/Home Defense.

I know I can dig through manufacturer's websites for the data, I was just hoping that someone's already 'been there done that'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Winchester has 147 grain fmj ammo in the standard gray(not generic)box. In the past it was billed as subsonic as if intended for use with suppressors. I've bought it at reasonable price online, mainly because it has not been a great seller. It's good stuff and has been accurate in my Glocks, Hi-Powers and CZs. I consider it premium ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm an idiot. I had already found it, bought a bunch of it and even shot some of it.

American Eagle 147gr FMJ flat point.

For some reason I had memorized it as being ~900fps like a few other offerings I have seen lately, but I just checked my ammo stash and sure enough, they're (published) ballistics match.

@williejc: I thank you for your reply, and apologize for having had the answer all along.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 05-01-16 at 01:46. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    That's right. American Eagle 147gr. FMJ-FP.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    To parrot the others here. American eagle is designed to match the specs of their premium line so 147grn AE should be the ticket.
    Worry less, Train more.