Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which optic for 100yds. to 200 meters?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I'm a big fan of that setup and have it on my AR. I think it's perfect, but some may disagree.

I just wanted to make sure he had the best option given his requirements.

PS...Great nick. Do you like Lewis too? Different take on the same idea. I love Twain.
    Oh man...you got me--Im a Twain fan! Just yesterday I stood in the cabin that is claimed to be where he was born and his family lived for a time just North of Knoxville TN (It was moved there some time ago and restored).
    Your the first to call me out and I am guilty as charged! Lol Lewis rocks, man...Gutshot John...too damn cool! But SLC is my SHTF, THINGS GO BUMP IN THE NITE, ZOMBIES ARE A WALKING, go to author. 8-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKAR15 View Post
    Those were great videos, I really enjoyed them. If I have a Picitiny bracket do I still need their attachment brackets for either the M3 or M4? They said you did for the M2 but not sure with the other models. Thanks for turning me onto that sight.

MAKAR15
    Just want to confirm what you are asking. By Picatinny bracket do you mean the Picatinny rail that is part of the carbine's upper receiver? Or do you mean the mount for the CompM2 or CompM3?

The CompM4 comes with its own mount that will interface with a Picatinny Rail. The Micro T-1 with a LaRue Tactical LT66X Tall Riser mount will interface with Picatinny Rail. If you are looking for a good deal www.laruetactical.com sells great combo (sight/mount) packages for all Aimpoint sights, as does G&R Tactical.

S/F

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are stuck between just 2 choices, Aimpoint and EO, I personally would choose an EO Tech. I had one back in the day, and also owned an Aimpoint ML3, but sold them both... wish I hadn't sold the EO Tech tho..
    My opinion is this: Both of those sights are going to perform almost identically at 100-200m, neither are magnified, but the EO Tech's should have a slight advantage, for having a smaller dot (1 MOA vs. 2/4 MOA on Aimpoint), smaller dot = more precision... and at close range, the EO is definately going to be faster, especially for "point and shoot" reflex CQB situations.
    The CompM4 is a nice optic, un-freakin-believe-able battery life, but just costs too darn much!!
    What models are you considering? As far as Aimpoints are concerned, I like the Comp ML3's, as most of us will never be rich enough to own NVD's. Batteries still last 50,000 hours, which is a LONG time... and can be had for around $450 or so.
    For an EOTech, the only one I've used, was the one I owned, a model 557. Most EO Tech's have a large 65 MOA circle, with a little 1 MOA dot in the center, but my 557 had a circle, with a center 1 MOA dot, and 3 more dots below it, for .223 drop compensation, so that was pretty cool. Battery life wasn't as long as an Aimpoint, but was pretty long enough for me... I remember I used it, shooting almost every weekend, for 6 months before having to change the batteries... keep a spare set stowed on your rifle and you're good to go!
    Get an EO Tech... unless you're open to other options, in that case, I'll have to go with everyone else on that and say the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x w/ Amber reticle is the best all around scope you can get for close to moderate ranges.
    I personally am an accuracy buff, so I need precision, precision, and some more precision, so I'm not a fan of the triangle on a post, but I'm sure it would be fine for anything up to 300m.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12