Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which optic for 100yds. to 200 meters?

Feedback Score

Which optic for 100yds. to 200 meters?

I like both the Aimpoint and the Eotech, but don't know which models of each for the range. Most of the time will be limited to 200 meters, the distance of the gun club I belong to. I have a Charles Daly D-M4LE with the Troy Industries B.U.I.S., so what is everyone's preference for optics? Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    trijicon TR21 for zoom

EOTech for entry or out to 200yds...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply. I know that Aimpoint has a number of different models, what about Eotech? What power lens for that distance 3x, 4x ? I'm a amateur civilian so I don't know how much CQB I will be involved in; home invasion I would probably grab my .45 or 9mm, whichever was sleeping with me on the nightstand. I would also worrying about the AR-15 penetrating walls, but they are concrete block. What do you think?

MAKAR15

Feedback Score
    read this thread, prob has most of your answers...

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/Eot...16#entry439416

as far as accidently shooting peeps through the walls you would want to use frangible ammo to avoid that. or even barnes varmit grenade would work the best probably. GL

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I like the TR-21 a lot, but the EOTech or the Aimpoint is probably better suited to your purposes.

I prefer the EOTech's speed, reticle and FOV, but the Aimpoint is probably the more durable.

It's been fairly well cited that most 5.56 has less penetration through walls than 9mm, but like you I'd still probably reach for a handgun. I'd think you're ok with cement block with 5.56.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    I too like the EOTech. I've shot pretty good groups at 100 and 200 yards unmagnified.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Watch "Aimpoint: The Red Dot Solution" at www.downrange.tv/show2 esp. Parts 2 and 3 before making your decision. Ask those using sights manufactured by some one else to perform the same durability, BZO reliability test.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Those were great videos, I really enjoyed them. If I have a Picitiny bracket do I still need their attachment brackets for either the M3 or M4? They said you did for the M2 but not sure with the other models. Thanks for turning me onto that sight.

MAKAR15

Feedback Score
    Okay, the fact no one asked "how much you wanna spend" cant go so...how much you wanna spend? I have both, an EoTech 552 and an M2 AimPoint (I also have 2 different Pride & Fowlers and a Millett Zoom Dot). I like them all for different reasons, though. If your heart is set on a "red dot" type sight I would suggest AimPoint H-1/T-1 in a LaRue mount. Get w/Grant at G&R Tactical or w/LaRue directly.
    However, if you are open to other "possibles" I would agree w/RallySoob and advise you to munson a Trijicon TR-21 w/a LaRue SPR-E mount. You cant go wrong w/ANY of the above named optics so make a choice and happy shooting.

BTW--Im normaly full of $hit--just ask Damascus! :-) LOL
    Last edited by LettersFromEarth; 08-25-08 at 20:18. Reason: using my phone to post--canrt spell worth a damn!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LettersFromEarth View Post
    However, if you are open to other "possibles" I would agree w/RallySoob and advise you to munson a Trijicon TR-21 w/a LaRue SPR-E mount. You cant go wrong w/ANY of the above named optics so make a choice and happy shooting.
    I'm a big fan of that setup and have it on my AR. I think it's perfect, but some may disagree.

I just wanted to make sure he had the best option given his requirements.

PS...Great nick. Do you like Lewis too? Different take on the same idea. I love Twain.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast