Thread: Concealed Carry at Red Rocks Amphitheater

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Concealed Carry at Red Rocks Amphitheater

Question for those that may have done this before or know for certain.

I haven't been to a red rocks show in ages. The wife wants to go to one this summer. Sounded like a lot of fun seeing as we haven't been to one in such a long time and Red Rocks is freaking beautiful and great for concerts.

I don't go anywhere without my CCW. So can I conceal carry in the Amphitheater during a concert- legally?

They do not technically have metal detectors, some shows have pat downs and others do not- never know till you show up at the gate to get in. On their website it says they will "Eject you and give citations for the following..." and "weapons of any kind" is listed under prohibited items. See here: http://redrocksonline.com/concerts-e...ohibited-items

I assume this is like any other public place in CO that doesn't have metal detectors/screening- such as the Denver Zoo, where they say no guns, but CCW is okay. If they see your gun they can ask you to leave, you have to leave or face trespassing charges, but it doesn't have any force of law for having the gun there- CORRECT?

Thanks in advance!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Question for those that may have done this before or know for certain.

I haven't been to a red rocks show in ages. The wife wants to go to one this summer. Sounded like a lot of fun seeing as we haven't been to one in such a long time and Red Rocks is freaking beautiful and great for concerts.

I don't go anywhere without my CCW. So can I conceal carry in the Amphitheater during a concert- legally?

They do not technically have metal detectors, some shows have pat downs and others do not- never know till you show up at the gate to get in. On their website it says they will "Eject you and give citations for the following..." and "weapons of any kind" is listed under prohibited items. See here: http://redrocksonline.com/concerts-e...ohibited-items

I assume this is like any other public place in CO that doesn't have metal detectors/screening- such as the Denver Zoo, where they say no guns, but CCW is okay. If they see your gun they can ask you to leave, you have to leave or face trespassing charges, but it doesn't have any force of law for having the gun there- CORRECT?

Thanks in advance!
    CO has a ton of new laws on the books I would advise caution. I would even side with not bringing it, every time I went to red rock I got wanded.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    CO has a ton of new laws on the books I would advise caution. I would even side with not bringing it, every time I went to red rock I got wanded.
    I've spoken to a few DPD guys and got mixed answers. No one can site a specific law that I would be breaking- but ssay it's a no go, other say it's fine but if wanding or pat downs are being performed put the gun in the car.

Think I'll carry it and if they're wanding at the gate, I'll have a good slow walk back to the car trying to scalp a few tickets...

I HATE being disarmed. Especially in large crowds.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I've spoken to a few DPD guys and got mixed answers. No one can site a specific law that I would be breaking- but ssay it's a no go, other say it's fine but if wanding or pat downs are being performed put the gun in the car.

Think I'll carry it and if they're wanding at the gate, I'll have a good slow walk back to the car trying to scalp a few tickets...

I hesitate to talk to DPD and typically talk to Colorado State Patrol when seeking any advice. I used to carry when going to Rockies games when the back entrance didn't have any metal detectors. They had one guy standing on the side with a wand if you got picked out of the bunch. Always took my chances of being asked to leave. Now they have metal detectors and I don't go to any more Rockies games.

I would at least carry up to the entrance and see what's going on. If they are wanding, you will need to take a walk to the car.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-10-16 at 21:13.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I hesitate to talk to DPD and typically talk to Colorado State Patrol when seeking any advice. I used to carry when going to Rockies games when the back entrance didn't have any metal detectors. They had one guy standing on the side with a wand if you got picked out of the bunch. Always took my chances of being asked to leave. Now they have metal detectors and I don't go to any more Rockies games.

I would at least carry up to the entrance and see what's going on. If they are wanding, you will need to take a walk to the car.
    Spoke to DPD because I know a few guys there and they are in charge at red rocks. Red rocks is owned and operated by city of Denver so DPD on scene, and would be the ones I'd deal with if it came to that.

I'm gonna walk to gate and scope it out, go from there for sure based on what is going on security wise.

Feedback Score

Concealed Carry at Red Rocks Amphitheater

I've been to a bunch of Red Rocks shows and would do exactly this. If they aren't wanding then just stick it in with your balls. They never pat that down.

That being said, I've never been patted down or wanded there at any show.

Edit: If they are wanding then I'd just pretend you forgot something in your car and put it back.
    Last edited by Wiggity; 05-10-16 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    What new laws?

I agree on public places. Since before, but especially after, Aurora I don't go into literal kill boxes (theaters) with out a CCW. Not that I see a lot of movies in theaters.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.