Thread: 2016 spring Turkey hunts.

Feedback Score

2016 spring Turkey hunts.

Bucktail Bob and I took a few birds this season.

Our second season birds.

My third season yote with the Turkey gun at 20 yards.

Our fifth season birds.

Any of you Turkey hunt?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I wanted to get out this year in MN, but lost track of time.

I don't really have a good turkey gun right now either, but someday I will get a decent setup for such.

Awesome looking birds though, those guys got a pretty good size to them. A bonus 'yote is never a bad thing.

As always, thanks for sharing. Awesome hunting, it appears.

Feedback Score
    My WI season has passed and never even saw a hen, I believe the weather has been the major problem, hot a few days but predominately cold 23 degrees this past Sunday morning - still and I drew second season in April with many frosty mornings that continued into the late day. Had a great hunt last year, though:ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1462892004.368407.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1462892076.083458.jpg.

Not wishing my life away but looking forward to Fall season, have a great recipe for wild turkey soup. Next year need to draw mid May, now seeing toms on the trail cams.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1462892388.719635.jpg
    Last edited by 1toughdog; 05-10-16 at 10:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    None this year. Fall Season in the Texas Hill Country had me always finding hens. Legal but verboten on the Fredericksburg deer lease. Killed two gobblers (22lbs and 19lbs) during deer season in 2014 with one shot, however. And that was after stalking/chasing a bachelor group of about 20 for 1/2 mile.

Was there for opening weekend of Spring Season in March. Saw some great gobblers but didn't take any home. This was my first Spring turkey hunt and I'm hooked. Only got to go the one time but have already arranged to hunt the deer lease and a cousin's farm next Spring. Started buying turkey hunting gear from Cabela's and MidwayUSA for next year. Now I just need to learn how to sound like a turkey (as opposed to weird sound effects noises) when I try to call.
    Last edited by cdmiller; 05-12-16 at 00:53.