Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reloading Presses Revisited

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    masan you should get the bearing plate kit for the primer bar, it solves this problem. I will agree that once you figure out your not priming, you have already loaded a plate full.
    Nah, I hand prime everything now. I agree that there are ways to improve the priming mechanism on the Dillon. I just feel that hand priming brass, especially with a well made hand primer, allows you an unparalleled feel of your brass.

Feedback Score
    The Redding T7 is a solid product, I do not own one but intend to.
    My reloading is limited to specific cartridges for hunting or long range.

Surplus NATO production is still cheap enough, but no doubt that will be changing (in it's availability).

Feedback Score
    The T7 is a beast. Love mine.

Feedback Score
    Didn`t think about the T7 , but after looking at it , it just may do what I want ....... and it`s on sale at Brownells .

masan , you mentioned using a well made hand primer . Any suggestions as I just checked and mine is an old RCBS ( 30 + years old ) .

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The T7 is solid, mine gets used for rverything my Dillon doesn't.

I think the the RCBS Universal hand primer is a good choice, i use it for a good amount of loading.

That said, for precision, I use the K&M hand primer. K&M stuff is good to go. Benchrest oriented stuff, may be overkill for what you want to do.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    the 550b priming system is abysmal at best and the weakest point on that machine
    So True! Mine sits idle. I pulled the operation rod and simply never use it at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123