Thread: Speer 64gr Gold Dot vs IMI 77gr OTM

Feedback Score

Speer 64gr Gold Dot vs IMI 77gr OTM

I would like your opinions on the Speer 64gr Gold Dot vs the IMI 77gr OTM.

I will be shooting from 11.5 inch and 14.5 inch barrels (both 1:7 barrels)...mainly the 11.5 as my go to.

Does the IMI offer barrier performance at all? I'm looking for SHTF ammo out of my short barrels.

Feedback Score
    What are the chances that you can realistically expect to have to shoot through a barrier? Unless it is something you expect to do a lot I wouldn't worry about it and just shoot whatever is most accurate out of your weapon.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agreed. If I were a patrol cop, I'd be interested in the bonded for autoglass, etc. The 77 OTM is so versatile and accurate, I'm all in on that bullet. You can always keep a mag of bonded around too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Agreed. If I were a patrol cop, I'd be interested in the bonded for autoglass, etc. The 77 OTM is so versatile and accurate, I'm all in on that bullet. You can always keep a mag of bonded around too.
    I'm also a fan of the 77 gr OTM simply because of how accurate it is out of my rifle. The terminal ballistics make for a good all around round and with me being a civilian the chances of needing to shoot through auto glass is slim. If need be I'll just put a few more rounds through it rapid fire. Plus IMI 77 gr. Razor is cheap compared to more exotic rounds.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agreed. If I have to shoot through a barrier, it's mag dump time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v