12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Bag Rifle Optic

Feedback Score
    the vcog is pretty sweet i'll post a video on it in the future

Feedback Score
    Why not an Aimpoint (PRO or better).

I'm just not a fan of scopes for a short-range defensive weapon...

Feedback Score
    Dot's always need batteries, scopes don't and with 1-4/6 scopes i'm as fast as with a red dot. With a dot you're rally limited to 100 yds and in for real accuracy and you can't assess anything with a dot. Frank Proctor gives a really good summation of why I prefer LPV over dots in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPbpNX406U
    It's the same opinions I've had for the past 4 years about carbines but now a reputable name in the shooting world has voiced the same opinions.
    Last edited by ExplorinInTheWoods; 08-19-16 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the idea of the ACOG, but with some offset sights for closer in. ACOG is bulletproof, you have experience with it and are fast with it as you said, the offset sights will do when you need something closer. Although, why go with a Noveske CHF when you have the faxon already there? Why not use the faxon for now, and replace later when needed? Also, consider the Centurion CHF. Will save you about 100 bucks over the Noveske, and is every bit as high of quality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    Why not an Aimpoint (PRO or better).

I'm just not a fan of scopes for a short-range defensive weapon...
    I'm with you on this.

For the effective range of 5.56 through 16" barrel or less with commonly available ammo Aimpoint all the way. I would like Eotech for the FOV and reticle but I won't buy one until they get their shit together.

Maybe the new Elcan will provide the Eotech pros with none of the cons except battery life. I can't wait until they've been out for a while and the long term reviews start pouring in.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I like the TA33 over the TA31 personally.

As far as LPV's go I am not a fan of the Trijicon line, I would prefer options from others at a similar price point.
    Basically everything I was going to post.

Also, I'm not a fan of the Trijicon horseshoe reticle.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    I like the idea of the ACOG, but with some offset sights for closer in. ACOG is bulletproof, you have experience with it and are fast with it as you said, the offset sights will do when you need something closer. Although, why go with a Noveske CHF when you have the faxon already there? Why not use the faxon for now, and replace later when needed? Also, consider the Centurion CHF. Will save you about 100 bucks over the Noveske, and is every bit as high of quality
    The faxon is going to be a light weight build for my dad. As far as the noveske I like that it comes with a gas block and tube, I liked what my stainless noveske did but I have seen tests from molon where he was getting 10 shot groups that were right around an inch. Of the CHF barrels he has tested its the most accurate. I got the VCOG and I got it for a screaming deal where I can sell it and make money back off of it.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I was using my 12.5in BCM SBR with Leupold's Patrol Optic 1.25-4x24. Switched from that rifle to my recently finished Para FAL 16in topped with Trijicon MRO. I keep my HSP D3H and Flat Pack in with my go bag(HSP INCOG bag). Stockfolded, Mag inserted in gun and 4 more in the chest rig with 2 more in my flat pack. Good to go!
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vortex Razor HD 1-6x

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    Vortex Razor HD 1-6x
    I will admit that the Vortex has super clear glass, but as far as the reticle choices go I'm not a fan. The JM is super thin and I'm a bigger fan of bigger brighter reticles for in close work. Plus my VCOG weighs less than a Vortex does and that is before you add a mount to a Vortex.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast