Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Long range shooting and "accuracy" getting better with distance?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    F2S, I'll concede that my fundamentals are not that good, the weakest point in the weapon system is the operator. What I failed to mention was that prior to shooting groups with 175g Match, I fired a 5/8" group at 100 yards with 168g Match. The difference in 168g and 175g group sizes at 100 yards and the size of the 175g group at 300 yards has me stumped. I would have expected a much larger group at 300 yards with the 175g Match.
    Wasn't saying that you aren't a good shooter, simply that most folks will tend to "work harder" at longer ranges, and parallax tends to be easier to get correct.
    Also, when talking about groups at distance, most shooters don't have dozens of comparative groups, and are more willing to throw out high dispersion shots due to environmental conditions.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Wasn't saying that you aren't a good shooter, simply that most folks will tend to "work harder" at longer ranges,
    Not me. The amount of long range shooting we do gets me to where it's 2 dimensional. A hundo or a thowie.... it's all the same. Like looking into the same tv screen.. where you forget what range you're even shooting towards.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345