Thread: Multi-purpose sling with climbing ability

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Multi-purpose sling with climbing ability

I think I'm going to get a couple of climbers to get at a couple of problem hogs. Don't even have a sling on my M4 right now just some of my longer 20" variants. So.....wondering if anyone here has a suggestion for a make and model that might fit the bill. Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    I don't have a sling suggestion for you but just to be clear you aren't planning on climbing with the rifle slung, correct? You are planning on hoisting the rifle up on a rope, right? Just checking.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    I think I'm going to get a couple of climbers to get at a couple of problem hogs. Don't even have a sling on my M4 right now just some of my longer 20" variants. So.....wondering if anyone here has a suggestion for a make and model that might fit the bill. Thanks in advance
    I use a *cough*copy*cough* MS4, from Magpul (they're the original Manufacturer, unless they make these in China, I don't think I have a "real" one). I love the adaptability and the QD system.

I picked mine up for 10 bucks plus shipping. I won't garuntee reliability and quality as the actual Magpul copy, but China didn't do to bad on this one. Quick pull loop for tightening and loosening. 2 point to 1 point, and back without issues.

Beyond that, I have seen padded VTACs are a great option for hunting and long term usage. Even with my MS4 copy, I don't do enough patrolling, guarding, etc to justify a huge expense. The copy works for me, and was a great trial item. Now I know, when the 10 dollar quality catches up with me, I won't have any qualms jumping into an actual Magpul MS4.

ETA: By climbers, I assume you mean climbing stands?

I don't want to beat a busted drum, but you really should be, for non "tactical/SHTF" (My point is "legitimate" situations), it's a hunting standard to always unload, wrap the rifle in canvas, jacket, etc. tie a hoist rope towards the stock, make sure it is tight. Make your climb, with your hoist rope trailing off the side, when you reach your desired height and safety rope in, you can hoist the rifle up. To come back down, perform the same. Unload, rewrap, slowly feed the rope to the ground and make your climb down. Just my .02 on that one. I want all hunters safe, you, me, and anyone else in them woods/area.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 06-02-16 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Vickers Blue Force.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants