Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone make a somewhat lightweight straight taper 13.5" or 13.7" barrel?

Feedback Score

Anyone make a somewhat lightweight straight taper 13.5" or 13.7" barrel?

I'm currently planning on a build and my first choice would be a 13.5" or 13.7" barrel if they were available in a light straight taper contour.

My current first choice is a BRT 13.9" Optimum, or a Criterion CORE in 13.9", but would like something a little shorter. I have a 14.5" on one upper and always think to myself I wish it was an inch shorter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mos-Tek has a 13.5" barrel and their Alpha profile looks about like what your looking for.

I know nothing about this company, but found them when I was looking for a barrel.

https://mos-tek.com/barrel-profiles//

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sounds to me like your looking for a 13.7" 5.56 BA HANSON

Also SOLGW puts out a 13.7" out but it might weigh more than you want.
    https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...-56x45-barrel/
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-30-22 at 02:02.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I forgot to mention mid length gas. BA did a run of 13.7" Hanson mid lengths last year, but they sold out about the time I started looking for one.

The SOLGW is a government profile and at 33oz, is definitely too heavy. Thank you for the response though Tits.

I'll take a look at Mos-tek.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms has BA Hansen 13.7 and 13.9 Mid Length in stock on their website... if that is your preferred taper...

I have had/ have a couple of their barrels and they are very nice. Weight is distributed well and accuracy is on par.. and gassed well...I like them, but I am a sample size of ONE ... other members may chime in with their experience.
    Last edited by WornOutGrunt; 03-30-22 at 05:28. Reason: info add

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WornOutGrunt View Post
    Primary Arms has BA Hansen 13.7 and 13.9 Mid Length in stock on their website... if that is your preferred taper...

I have had/ have a couple of their barrels and they are very nice. Weight is distributed well and accuracy is on par.. and gassed well...I like them, but I am a sample size of ONE ... other members may chime in with their experience.
    I only see a 13.7" carbine Hanson, and a 13.7" Government profile midlength. I don't see a 13.7" Hanson midlength.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    Mos-Tek has a 13.5" barrel and their Alpha profile looks about like what your looking for.

https://mos-tek.com/barrel-profiles//
    I bought one of those recently in a midlength. Unfortunately I have not yet swapped it into the gun it is intended for, because I’m trying to squeeze a little more life out of the current barrel. It appears to be a quality barrel, and they were super easy to deal with on the phone. They were recommended to me by an ammo manufacturer. Hopefully it shoots straight.

Only other 13.5” that I’m aware of is Armalite.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    https://www.primaryarms.com/ballisti...s-block-13.9in

Sorry I mis read the 13.7.... but 13.9 is in stock
    Last edited by WornOutGrunt; 03-30-22 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I bought one of those recently in a midlength. Unfortunately I have not yet swapped it into the gun it is intended for, because I’m trying to squeeze a little more life out of the current barrel. It appears to be a quality barrel, and they were super easy to deal with on the phone. They were recommended to me by an ammo manufacturer. Hopefully it shoots straight.

Only other 13.5” that I’m aware of is Armalite.
    Is yours a 13.5" Alpha profile? If so, can you weigh it?

I did see the Armalite barrel.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgr1971 View Post
    Is yours a 13.5" Alpha profile? If so, can you weigh it?

I did see the Armalite barrel.
    It is. I’ll be able to measure it in a week. Hit me up on pm if I forget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast