Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Long stroke SureFire Carrier

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So whatever happened to this thing? It seems like there was a ton of previews of the system, and then it disappeared off the face of the earth. Most places list this item as "out of stock".

I figured it was about $150 overpriced. This BCG seems like a significant improvement, so I'm surprised I've heard so little.

Anybody on this forum have their own reviews?
    Last edited by justin_247; 06-14-20 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    So whatever happened to this thing? It seems like there was a ton of previews of the system, and then it disappeared off the face of the earth. Most places list this item as "out of stock".

I figured it was about $150 overpriced. This BCG seems like a significant improvement, so I'm surprised I've heard so little.

Anybody on this forum have their own reviews?
    I bought one and it sits in its box new and unused.

Maybe the introduction of the 6 ARC will spur renewed interest. If and when I get a 6 ARC bolt and barrel I may finally get around to using my Surefire carrier.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-15-20 at 19:14.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have one. It used with a 11.5” colt hrt barrel and surefire socim rc2.

I wouldn’t buy another. I’d just keep buying LMT enhanced carriers.

Why? For me it does nothing the LMT can’t do. Namely later unlocking.

The LMT also has a better bolt.

The surefire is meant to prevent bolt bounce. I don’t shoot full auto, so no difference for me here. The surefire has overtravel of the Cartier. This should be more reliable with a dirty gun, I haven’t had an issue other wise.

Big detractor from the surefire at the end of the day for me is the need of a specific spring and buffer. The LMT uses whatever spring and buffer.

I’ll keep buying the LMT set ups, the surefire was a purchase out of interest that I won’t be repeating. I have my sample of one for my collection.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I bought one from optics planet when they first came out to slow down my full auto. It works for that purpose and I'm happy with it.

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate your input, I’ve be playing “wait & see” on this since I saw Jim Sullivan talking about it on TV. I don’t have any NFA firearms so it sounds like something I can live without.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am giving my $.02 on the OBC... I am horribly disappointed. I put it on my 11.5 colt commando barreled rifle that has a DT gemtech LE556 that lives in this rifle. I had several double feeds as well as since the bolt came back so far into the upper it allowed the cases to slam into the case deflector and go back into the action. I used both the SF bolt and an LMT enhanced bolt, an LWRC enhacned bolt, a colt bolt and a bcm bolt. Happened several times with all of them regardless of how powerful the ejector and extractor were. I use sprinco 5 coil w/insert and sprinco ejector springs on all carbine length gas rifle's bolts and colt or springco 4 coil on middy and rifle. It only worked most of the time with fkn TULA!!!! Still then it had the issue a few times. I traded a SOLGW BCG, vltor a5 system and $100 for this and I'm so bummed out. I'm not at all a newbie and I smith tons of my own and customers guns. I had such high hopes for this b/c I want to get an auto eventually... But I'm afraid, unless someone can really help me with this, that I'm gonna have to relegate this to the resale bin or trade for an LMT.... All the vids i see is of it being run unsuppressed.... I know the commando barrel has a .069 gas port (I'm pretty sure at least)...
    Anyway, if anyone has help for me id really appreciate it. Or if youd like to trade some decent BCGs or optics lemme know!!!!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I would verify for sure the gas port size of your barrel. And of course this whole SF BGG kit was meant to be used with a mil-spec RE. The Surefire long stroke carrier bleeds of a little less gas than the LMT enhanced bolt carrier. Quite a few other people are using this Surefire BCG kit in their suppressed carbine length gas guns with no issues.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Where did you buy this barrel from?

Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    I am giving my $.02 on the OBC... I am horribly disappointed. I put it on my 11.5 colt commando barreled rifle that has a DT gemtech LE556 that lives in this rifle. I had several double feeds as well as since the bolt came back so far into the upper it allowed the cases to slam into the case deflector and go back into the action. I used both the SF bolt and an LMT enhanced bolt, an LWRC enhacned bolt, a colt bolt and a bcm bolt. Happened several times with all of them regardless of how powerful the ejector and extractor were. I use sprinco 5 coil w/insert and sprinco ejector springs on all carbine length gas rifle's bolts and colt or springco 4 coil on middy and rifle. It only worked most of the time with fkn TULA!!!!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Came off a factory colt commando upper.
    Apoligies. Where i bought it was from a local dealer back in Phoenix years ago. Its got many thousands of rounds through her the last 1k or more have been only suppressed. The gas block is a chopped down fsb so ot stayed factory. I didt bother trying to shoot without the can because it will never be used that way anyway. I might try using it my 14.5 middy rainier barreled uooer with the arms folding fsb bc that has a whales blowhole of a gas port and to run my gmt halo on it I use a gemtech bcg (which does an incredible job, btw). If it works well in the 14.5 then maybe I'll keep it but I think I would rather just trade it for maybe a lantac e bcg and vltor system or an lmt e bcg.
    Ive done what you do plentu of times by threading gas blocks and using vented inseets to reduce the gas port and hmthat works amazingly. When i find the perfect size after testing I buy one of your better inserts lol.
    Last edited by dlraymond30; 11-26-20 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well I wish some of them would give their recommendations. This is a factory colt barrel and it should be basically the answer to the overgassing. Instead it became an absolute problem. And it is a mil spec RE. The shaved fsb is the facotry colt fsp that is on the barrel.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast