Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Long stroke SureFire Carrier

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Any new news on these? I'm willing to replace my LMT carriers with these if they trickle out and work as advertised.
    Surefire is supposed to be showing off new products at the NRAAM this weekend http://soldiersystems.net/2018/04/30...nual-meetings/

Hopefully we'll get some news there.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I guess there was nothing at NRAAM?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Get your preorders in boys, https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...er-system.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Neat for overgassed guns. Not needed on properly ported barrels.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a link to a Surefire review of the many benefits of the Surefire optimized long stroke carrier. IMHO, and depending on your application, it seems the choice is whether you want to settle between whats good and whats best. An Improved cam path allows the chamber pressure to drop another 15% before unlocking which permits more gasses to exit the bore. Invented by the legendary Jim Sullivan, the designer of the M16, the SureFire Optimized Bolt Carrier (OBC) improves functioning of the weapon system during *both* unsuppressed and suppressed firing. It seems this BCG *system* would also compliment and work well with the new extra high pressure M855A1 5.56 ammo that has been adopted ( think increased bolt life). I think we will probably be seeing these in the next month or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JWUvt65eo&t=9s
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-14-18 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    Neat part. Will be curious to read some reviews in different weapons to see what it really does from the shooters perspective of how the gun recoils.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very interested as well. Especially since I'm about to get in to the suppressor game myself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did anyone ever get one of these? How's it work? Really worth $400?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I got two of them a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t ran them yet as I am waiting on the new BCM uppers that will be coming out very soon and a few other build components. The bolt carrier will also accept any standard AR bolt (BCM, Colt, LMT, Sionic's, Sharp's Rifle Company Relia-bolt, Geissele super bolt, etc.) and cam pin. Is this BCG system absolutely needed ? No, of course not, but IMHO, it’s many benefits cannot be denied. I look at the choice between what is good and what’s is best, kind of like KAC rifles vs Colt, BCM, etc., or high end optics like Leupold MK8 series, Nightforce ATACR series and S&B scopes, are their known benefits worth the extra money to you? Or is it just about the price to you? I realize the arms race is not cheap at times, but is increasing your rifles reliability, increasing your bolt’s longevity, and getting less blow when running suppressed worth it ? For me they are worth it. I am sure Jim Sullivan, at age 82 didn’t develop this BCG system just so Surefire could pick your pocket, but it addresses real issues our warfighters were/are having, mainly with suppressed SBR’s, full auto fire and the new high pressure ammo being used in them. Like KAC, LMT, BCM and others have done, it is a refinement of the weapon platform.

Vid review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JWUvt65eo&t=9s

Invented by Jim Sullivan, one of the original designers of the M16, the SureFire Optimized Bolt Carrier (OBC) is designed to improve the functionality of an M4/M16/AR variant weapon system during both unsuppressed and suppressed firing. This patented design makes numerous improvements to the standard Mil-Spec full-auto bolt carrier group which allows more time for reliable feeding of ammunition from the magazine, nearly eliminating bolt-over-base malfunctions. The OBC also delays unlocking of the bolt during the firing sequence, which allows expanding gases more time to exit the bore, in turn reducing back-pressure gases exiting the upper receiver group. Additionally, the neutrally balanced counterweight improves carrier and barrel extension lock-up, nearly eliminating bolt bounce. The OBC also reduces felt recoil, allowing for better tracking of sights and more control of the weapon when firing. Coated with an advanced anti-friction coating, the OBC resists friction during use and makes cleaning.

Bottom line, the SureFire Optimized Bolt Carrier-Long-Stroke BCG/H7S Buffer System is IMPORTANT, and a potential game-changer as a COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) drop-in AR component package for the M4A1 Carbine and MK-18 SBR, as it can solve most if not all those weapons’ respective *controllability*, *reliability*, and ** durability** problems in seconds and **is beneficial in both full auto and semi-auto firearms.**

Features:

Neutrally balanced counterweight automatically reduces cyclic rate, negating the need for switch or setting adjustments.
    Improved cam path delays unlocking, allowing the chamber pressure to drop another 15% which permits more gasses to exit the bore
    Nearly eliminates bolt bounce
    Long stroke design improves reliability, allowing ammunition more time to feed properly
    Utilizes Mil-Spec bolt and components
    Anti-friction coating resists corrosion and makes cleaning easy
    SF-OBC-556 comes standard with Optimized Bolt Carrier, Long-Stroke Buffer, and Improved Buffer Spring.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-17-19 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I got two of them a couple of weeks ago.
    Where did you buy the carriers? I haven't seen anyone with them in stock.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast