Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Long stroke SureFire Carrier

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Where did you buy the carriers? I haven't seen anyone with them in stock.
    PM sent

Last edited by Biggy; 02-17-19 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These sure are an interesting improvement.
    I’d also be interested in where to get these for a good price.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    we await your review!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Im curious as well, esp. how it compares to the A5 system. Just from looking at the patent, Im thinking the benefits will mostly be seen in full auto fire. The biggest improvement in terms of regular semi-auto ARs is the altered cam path to delay unlocking which has already been designed in the LMT system. The buffer system in the tail of the carrier is just doing the same job as the buffer weights and the clipped gas key shorter buffer is just a way to pseudo lengthen the receiver without changing the dimensions.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Im curious as well, esp. how it compares to the A5 system. Just from looking at the patent, Im thinking the benefits will mostly be seen in full auto fire. The biggest improvement in terms of regular semi-auto ARs is the altered cam path to delay unlocking which has already been designed in the LMT system. The buffer system in the tail of the carrier is just doing the same job as the buffer weights and the clipped gas key shorter buffer is just a way to pseudo lengthen the receiver without changing the dimensions.
    Lengthening the receiver (virtually speaking) is the magic.

I can't wait to see some reviews.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

How here's the million dollar question. Does the pseudo extra length prevent the buffer from bottoming out against the rear of the buffer tube to achieve "constant recoil"? (as much as the term can be applied to a closed bolt semi-auto only system)
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-17-19 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

In my mind this is a big plus since it'll take some of the burden off the mag spring.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cool to see these are out in the wild now. I’d be interested to try one eventually.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Cool to see these are out in the wild now. I’d be interested to try one eventually.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. With that said, I'm not in a rush to dump $450.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    They are not cheap and prices vary from $400. to $450 on them. If you compare the Surefire OBC *system* with a complete LMT enhanced BCG that usually sells for around $320., or what the top of the line KAC complete BCG’s sell for (a lot more), $400. for a complete system, probably is not to far out of line. Just like high end optics like S&B, Nightforce ATACR series, Leupold Mk8’s, top end Aimpoint’s RDS’s, KAC rifles or expensive luxury cars,etc., they are not for everyone, but IMHO, the best never is.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-18-19 at 14:30.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast