Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Long stroke SureFire Carrier

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I don’t understand the obsession with super heavy buffers. Anything more than the standard A5 buffer or a rifle buffer adds excess recoil. I notice a LOT more sight movement when I experimented with A5 buffers. Ironically ended up settling for the A5H1 weight buffer (H2 weight). The OBC comes with either a H2 or H7S buffer.
    The purpose of the buffer isn't to mitigate recoil. It's to counter balance the system of gas, mass & springs running the gun and to make it run reliably. The H2 and H3 were developed by Colt to ensure proper operation of M4, M4A1 & Mk18 guns on semi- and full-auto. The bolt speed you get on 14.5" and 10.3" guns, combined with the greater mass of the SOCOM profile barrel (AND suppressors), leads to bolt bounce and overrunning the mag spring. If you don't counter that with a heaver buffer to slow things down, you get trouble.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Something I’m curious about this, long term: with the increased travel, are we going to see an increase in broken bolt catches, 9mm style?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Possibly, but probably not.

People don't know a good portion of the forward velocity comes from the buffer tip rebounding off the end of the RE.

The action spring can't really deliver much energy during the 1/4" of over travel, but the buffer tip returns some % of the rearward velocity nearly instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Something I’m curious about this, long term: with the increased travel, are we going to see an increase in broken bolt catches, 9mm style?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In the TFB review they said you could use any buffer, is that true?

I thought you were supposed to use the one it came with because it's shorter or something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    In the TFB review they said you could use any buffer, is that true?

I thought you were supposed to use the one it came with because it's shorter or something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You can use it with a regular spring and buffer but you won't get the benefits of the longer stroke, just the sprung weight and improved cam path.

My question, how is .4" a 60% increase in stroke?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Possibly, but probably not.

People don't know a good portion of the forward velocity comes from the buffer tip rebounding off the end of the RE.

The action spring can't really deliver much energy during the 1/4" of over travel, but the buffer tip returns some % of the rearward velocity nearly instantly.
    Thanks; that makes sense.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sencoman View Post
    You can use it with a regular spring and buffer but you won't get the benefits of the longer stroke, just the sprung weight and improved cam path.

My question, how is .4" a 60% increase in stroke?
    What it ACTUALLY is, is a 60% increase in the amount of distance that the BCG over runs the round stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    What it ACTUALLY is, is a 60% increase in the amount of distance that the BCG over runs the round stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh..........

Hmm......... :-/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone have any idea how well this performs with the A5 system? Being that it requires a shorter buffer for a standard carbine receiver extension, would it require a shorter buffer for the longer A5 extension?

This looks like a genuine improvement. It'd be an insane improvement if you also added a KAC E3 bolt.

A shame that it's $400, though...

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast