Thread: General Dynamics .30 Caliber 147g FMJ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

General Dynamics .30 Caliber 147g FMJ

Wideners Reloading Supply has General Dynamics 147g FMJ bullets on sale at $79 for 500. That is a reasonable price for a FMJ .30 caliber bullet.

Has anyone developed a reload with this bullet? How did it shoot? How did it compare with the Hornady 150g FMJBT?

I ordered 2,000 of them to use for Garand reloads to help get through the summer shooting season. Any input from someone who has loaded and fired this bullet would be appreciated.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-02-16 at 20:56.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use them for my 300 BLK subs & they work great. The 147s are slower compared to the 150 FMJ Hornadys with the same charge.

...but I'm sure you're not interested in those loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I use them for my 300 BLK subs & they work great. The 147s are slower compared to the 150 FMJ Hornadys with the same charge.

...but I'm sure you're not interested in those loads.
    Thanks. The information helps. If the projectiles are reasonably accurate, I didn't throw money down a well and wind up with 100 yard fodder.

Slower muzzle velocity is a good thing. My reduced distance (200 yard) match loads run 2,400 fps. The bigger the charge weight I can drop to reach that velocity, the more 30-06 case fill I will have, which enhances accuracy.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm only shooting 8" steel plates with them out to, or just beyond, 100 yards with a 9" SBR. The accuracy was acceptable for my needs so I didn't check how they actually group.
    I do intend to also use these for my 308 but I haven't gotten to that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.