Thread: Laser and Light question for AR15

Feedback Score

Laser and Light question for AR15

I have a DPMS AR15 with a 16 inch barrel, telestock, have also a cheap red laser and white light installed with the Aimpoint M3 red dot on it.
    Wanted to see how it would be with this set up before spending hundreds of dollars for better light and laser......

My question(s);
    Who makes a green laser/ light combo?
    Cost?

If no one makes a combo who makes a good one that will last for under $300 for each unit?

TIA

Feedback Score
    The LaserMax Uni is a great value: easy to mount on a pic rail, easy to adjust and very small and lightweight.
    I mounted a red one to the accessory rail on my Elzetta flashlight mount (a pressure switch is available but with this setup I found that I don't need one):
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like that kind of simple setup for the light-- you can just use the forward sling swivel to activate the light, right? Pretty handy.

I got to work a little with the green LaserMax a few days ago, after dark. It is really, really powerful. Works in sunlight too, to way beyond what red ones do. Downside, it is much more visible from downrange. The source is easy to see, and the beam itself, from close enough even with no mist or smoke in the air, is visible. We were "painting" the 300 meter berm with it no prob.

Feedback Score
    After researching this I decided to keep the light and laser seperate. If they are combined in one unit then you are stuck replacing both if you don't like one or the other. I ended up with a Lasermax Uni-g Green laser mounted at 12 o'clock with the supplied tape switch on my vertical grip. My light at 5 o'clock is a Surefire 6PD with Wolf eyes LED 2-stage upgrade on a LaRue LT 606, no tape switch. I'm very happy with this combo.
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrider657 View Post
    The LaserMax Uni is a great value: easy to mount on a pic rail, easy to adjust and very small and lightweight.
    I mounted a red one to the accessory rail on my Elzetta flashlight mount (a pressure switch is available but with this setup I found that I don't need one):
    Isn't there a decent amount of play in that flashlight mount?

wouldn't that throw off your zero regarding the laser?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Isn't there a decent amount of play in that flashlight mount?
    wouldn't that throw off your zero regarding the laser?
    The Elzetta mount is pretty solid and I have not had any problems.