Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T1 mount Larue or Scalarworks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From an engineering point of view Larue is terrible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Sounds good. But I'm guessing .06 is what you mean. Or even .006. .6 is half the height of the entire mount.
    I'm ass backwards. You are correct. .006.
    Regards, SSC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm running the Scalarworks on my patrol rifle. It's simple and lightweight. I love it.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    I have a GDI mount and it's very nice, locks up tonight, machined well, looks good. Check them out, highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffnevy View Post
    I have a GDI mount and it's very nice, locks up tonight, machined well, looks good. Check them out, highly recommended.

GDI is a nice mount. I didn't see any benefit over the ADM, or Bobro for the price. At $200+ I wanted the one I had to be really good at something.. weight, RTZ, or attachment method. The bobro takes the RTZ and attachment in my book, downside is size. The GDI didn't win in the weight category or price tag. I put it in the same category as the ADM. And you can have 2 ADMs for the price of the GDI. But if you want to spend the coin for the GDI, it is a great mount, but don't expect it to be better then the other offerings out there. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-05-16 at 10:43.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    ADM and Scalarworks get my vote. I run ADM's on all of my Aimpoint Micros (5) and run a Scalarworks on my MRO. The mounting system on the ADM is vastly superior to the Larue and this is coming from a guy who only ran Larue mounts for years, until a buddy convinced me to give ADM a shot. My next Micro will be getting a Scalarworks mount, as I really, really like the one on my MRO. It is super light and mounts up solid on the receiver.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    I have been a long time user of LaRue mounts. I also use various other mounts and have never had any issues---Until I tried the Scalarworks. LaRue has great customer service and they work. Bobro has a great reputation and they work. Some folks claim they are a bit wide. I needed another T2 for a recent build for which weight was a factor, so with my research, Scalarworks seemed to be the best mount. I called Scalarworks directly and spoke to them. I will say they seem passionate about their product. I would say they have excellent customer service, hence you can buy with confidence. I ordered the T2 package. It was shipped promptly and it is very lightweight. It is a good looking, impressive piece of gear. The issue I had was that when I installed it on my BCM, the scope would wobble. You could move it back and forth with your hand. The clamp was rock solid on the rail. Hence, I mounted it on my LMT, Colt, LaRue and another BCM--all with the same problem. I called Scalarworks and they immediately sent me a return label and credited my credit card and apologized. They said the cmc machine or operator must of made an error. Excellent customer service. My thought is that they will have to redesign the mount. First my finger tight and someone else is different. Yet they say to turn the wheel finger tight. There are a lot of little parts in the wheel mechanism, that time and hard use may show a weakness. The major issue I see, is that on the bobro and LaRue the mount does one thing--it mounts to the rail. Not so on the Scalarworks. The clamp is used to mount to the rail AND complete the mount by dovetailing into the mount. Hence it must be a precision fit. On my mount, it was off and the bottom of the clamp tightened up on the rail, but the part that was to dovetail into the mount was off by .6000. Hence the wobble. I could slip a piece of paper between the mount and the clamp. I think they need to redesign it so the clamp has one job--clamping to the rail. Just my thoughts.
    Regards, SSC
    Hi, SSC.

Thanks again for your feedback. The space between the top of the clamp and the bottom of the frame is part of the design, and perfectly normal. Please feel free to call me personally (1-844-556-1913 ext 700) and I'll be happy to explain how it all fits together.

As the only manufacturer that we know of to serialize quick-detach mounts, we were able to identify both the machine and operator that made your specific mount base. It turns out that one of the inner Pictainny rail interface surfaces of your base was out of spec, and wasn't caught during QC.

Since your RMA, we've implemented an additional series of checks to this critical area. This extra layer of quality control will significantly reduce the probability of this ever happening to another customer.

Rest assured that over the past 18 months we've gotten thousands of mounts into the hands of satisfied customers which prove that the design works as advertised.

I'm very sorry that your mount wasn't up to our high standards and I sincerely hope that you give us another try in the future. As always, we offer free shipping both ways in the event of a manufacturing defect like you experienced.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Hi, SSC.

Thanks again for your feedback. The space between the top of the clamp and the bottom of the frame is part of the design, and perfectly normal. Please feel free to call me personally (1-844-556-1913 ext 700) and I'll be happy to explain how it all fits together.

As the only manufacturer that we know of to serialize quick-detach mounts, we were able to identify both the machine and operator that made your specific mount base. It turns out that one of the inner Pictainny rail interface surfaces of your base was out of spec, and wasn't caught during QC.

Since your RMA, we've implemented an additional series of checks to this critical area. This extra layer of quality control will significantly reduce the probability of this ever happening to another customer.

Rest assured that over the past 18 months we've gotten thousands of mounts into the hands of satisfied customers which prove that the design works as advertised.

I'm very sorry that your mount wasn't up to our high standards and I sincerely hope that you give us another try in the future. As always, we offer free shipping both ways in the event of a manufacturing defect like you experienced.
    I said it before and I will say it again, "I am very impressed with your customer service." I commend you for your quick response when I had a problem. Further for anyone, I stand by my quote," Buy with confidence." I also want to thank you for giving me feedback. Lastly, I will be contacting you in the near future to order another T2 bundle. As I stated, it was lightweight and an impressive piece of gear. With the extra QC, I am confident that I will be happy. Lastly, with a company that responds in such a positive an expeditious fashion, acknowledging an issue and then takes steps to remedy it, you will get my business from here on out.

Regards, SSC

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My current (only) T1 is in a BOBRO mount from a few years back. I don't think Larue has been in the top few choices for years now. Personally, for any application I'd look at BOBRO first, then Geissele and ADM. Except for the Aimpoint micro. One of these days I'll be getting a Scalarworks. I would have already if I didn't also need to get a T2. Their mount looks awesome, cosmetically and functionally.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    One of these days I'll be getting a Scalarworks. I would have already if I didn't also need to get a T2. Their mount looks awesome, cosmetically and functionally.
    Discounted T-2 bundles are in-stock https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-b...ro-t-2-bundle/
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast