Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Bullet Weight for 1:7 Twist?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post

Every Barrel Is A Law Unto Itself.
    Point taken. Looks like this will take longer to fine tune than my .308 did, but I need a new challenge.

A question on brass. For years I’ve been tossing all my brass in plastic gallon zip lock baggies. I just went thru one of them putting all the Lake City brass in one container, all the Lake City NATO Stamped brass in another container, and the rest back in the zip lock baggie that I may de-cap, clean and sell, but that’s another project. I ended up with several hundred LC cases. Would you separate the NATO cases from the non NATO cases?
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaswoodguy View Post
    52gr and 53gr I can shoot sub MOA no problem with 53gr vmax bullets and struggle to shoot MOA with the 52gr match bullets don't know why but it's a fact. As Molon has said each barrel is unique in what they like to shoot. One very good combination I have found is 55gr vmax bullets and 55gr GMX with the same load data have the same POI I use this little jewel of info to good effect makes getting ready for hog hunting or deer a snap
    I do have some 55 grain V-Max bullets on order along with some 77 grain Sierra Match Kings. Both powders I have on hand will work with both bullets. I’ll be happy with 2 MOA groups. Not looking to win a match, just not go crazy with 5-inch groups anymore.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    Point taken. Looks like this will take longer to fine tune than my .308 did, but I need a new challenge.

A question on brass. For years I’ve been tossing all my brass in plastic gallon zip lock baggies. I just went thru one of them putting all the Lake City brass in one container, all the Lake City NATO Stamped brass in another container, and the rest back in the zip lock baggie that I may de-cap, clean and sell, but that’s another project. I ended up with several hundred LC cases. Would you separate the NATO cases from the non NATO cases?
    I separate cases for precision reloads by make, Hornady, Federal, etc., and year on the headstamp when a year appears. I also separate cases by how many times they have been reloaded, twice fired, three times fired, etc.

If you are just going to bang away with reloads in your Garand, sorting cases by headstamp is not critical. For me, separating cases by headstamp made the difference between shooting a MOA group and a sub 1/2 MOA group at 300 yards with my .223 bolt gun.
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234