Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt OEM1 question

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    556 is correct, Expanse has low mass hammer vs standard profile. Also has non-reversible safety, but that won't help here since yours is an ambi. There's something different about the mag release also I think - plastic button maybe? Buffer will be unmarked Carbine vs H2 you would normally expect. But hammer should be easy tell. Early Expanses used M4 Carbine LE serials lowers, then they switched to CE-serial'd lowers at some point. I got hoodwinked myself - expected an M4 Carbine LE lower but got an early Expanse - so didn't pick up on the difference - by the time I realized it, it was too late, I had already changed out some parts and had it engraved. so even if I could get Arms Unlimited to take it back, the engraving would kill it. . It's still a solid Colt lower, but I though I was getting a M4 Carbine, so still stings. But I'll never buy anything from Arms Unlimited again.

Edit - just went and looked, it has a 4 position receiver tube, just to make things more confusing.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 06-05-16 at 02:02.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    556 is correct, Expanse has low mass hammer vs standard profile. Also has non-reversible safety, but that won't help here since yours is an ambi. There's something different about the mag release also I think - plastic button maybe? Buffer will be unmarked Carbine vs H2 you would normally expect. But hammer should be easy tell. Early Expanses used M4 Carbine LE serials lowers, then they switched to CE-serial'd lowers at some point. I got hoodwinked myself - expected an M4 Carbine LE lower but got an early Expanse - so didn't pick up on the difference - by the time I realized it, it was too late, I had already changed out some parts and had it engraved. so even if I could get Arms Unlimited to take it back, the engraving would kill it. . It's still a solid Colt lower, but I though I was getting a M4 Carbine, so still stings. But I'll never buy anything from Arms Unlimited again.

Edit - just went and looked, it has a 4 position receiver tube, just to make things more confusing.
    That's a shame, I've had good luck with Arms Unlimited. OP, I helped my cousin pick out his first AR about a month and a half ago, it was an OEM-1 it had a 4 position tube and a standard safety, just like a 6920. Sounds like you might have got took.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. I took a look at the lower. Has full sized S marked hammer and trigger. Hammer had notch in the face/top. H buffer. Lower also has LE.... serial number and the square QR type code on it. I looked on S. Armament and Brownells. The ambi is exactly as shown "Colt Ambi" with allen head. And is S marked. Weird

Feedback Score
    Wait, doesn't the 6920 SoCom come with an ambi and six position re?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best thing to do would be send colt and email with your serial number and see if they will look it up to make sure the gun is factory And the parts haven't been switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Best thing to do would be send colt and email with your serial number and see if they will look it up to make sure the gun is factory And the parts haven't been switched.
    Great advice. I think I'll do that.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Thanks guys. I took a look at the lower. Has full sized S marked hammer and trigger. Hammer had notch in the face/top. H buffer. Lower also has LE.... serial number and the square QR type code on it. I looked on S. Armament and Brownells. The ambi is exactly as shown "Colt Ambi" with allen head. And is S marked. Weird

This is just a guess:
    Maybe they were short on 4 POS extensions & standard selectors thus they installed what was available! Unless the receiver extension looks like it was replaced outside of Colt (check for the square stakings), you should consider yourself lucky with the extras.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    That's a shame, I've had good luck with Arms Unlimited. <snip>
    Yeah, I was/am pretty miffed. Only thing I can do is vote with my wallet, as they say - had about $500 worth of items in my cart for a later purchase but bought it all elsewhere. I had heard complaints about them before, ie shipping/stock issues and some big suppressor snafu a while back, but gave them a chance. Should have listened...

I also see they are selling Expanse uppers now, properly advertised as Expanse - so apparently the are breaking up Expanse rifle and selling separately at an upcharge over the whole rifle price

EDIT - I actually called them yesterday - I knew there was no way I could return/refund due to changes I made, so I went at it from a "these are listed incorrectly, you should review the listing..." angle, not angling for a refund or anything, and they basically don't care. They said we don't know what's in the box, we just get it from colt and sell it - no lie, she actually said that. I mentioned something about part numbers and item descriptions, etc but I think it was lost on her. Anyway she finally said she would let the web folks know which I think was more just to get me off the phone than anything lol. They were so non-plus about the whole thing so I left a neg review for the item making sure everyone knows it an Expanse, but it hasn't posted yet.

EDIT Sorry OP got Off-Topic - let us know what Colt says about the serial confirmation.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 06-07-16 at 20:26.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    This is just a guess:
    Maybe they were short on 4 POS extensions & standard selectors thus they installed what was available! Unless the receiver extension looks like it was replaced outside of Colt (check for the square stakings), you should consider yourself lucky with the extras.
    So I called Colt who ran the serial #. They confirmed it left factory as OEM 1. They also confirmed exactly what was mentioned above, they were short on standard selectors and four position receiver extensions. So, they installed the factory ambi safety and 6 position receiver extension. Too easy...

Pretty cool. Im happy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    So I called Colt who ran the serial #. They confirmed it left factory as OEM 1. They also confirmed exactly what was mentioned above, they were short on standard selectors and four position receiver extensions. So, they installed the factory ambi safety and 6 position receiver extension. Too easy...

Pretty cool. Im happy.
    That happens from time-to-time, you lucked out. Happened to me recently with LMT - purchased an MWSE (chrome-lined base model) and it arrived with a stainless match 5R barrel. Called LMT about it and they were running short on CL's, so they put a 5R in it instead.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast