Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Colt OEM1 question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsportsman View Post
    On the subject of Colt Receiver Extensions, what is the best method to remove a factory installed Colt RE? I would like to change out the factory 4 position for a 6 position but in the past have damaged the Colt 4 position during the removal. I've used a magwell block with a Brownells RE wrench (very sturdy/well designed wrench). Hitting the wrench with a deadblow hammer. This method has never broken the factory Colt staking and instead the whole receiver extension and endplate turn out of the lower. Luckily it's only damaged the RE and not the lower. Is a better method to clamp the RE in the vice? I know some of you guys (Grant) has done this many times with no damage to any parts. Any advice is appreciated.
    Just turn the wrench and stop using a hammer. Get leverage if you need to, though you shouldn't need much. The staking is undone pretty easy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Is it possible someone reclassified their "Expanse" lower as an "OEM" lower?
    No ambi safety on any Expanse I have ever seen or any that I own.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567