Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As good as? Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I thought all you get when you buy a Colt is the logo?

Funny you should say that. My friend asked my advice on what kind of ar he should get, I told him the usual Colt, LMT, ect... So he went to a gun shop and asked for info on a Colt 6920, long story short left with a DPMS something or other. Now he is mad a me for telling him to buy a Colt because this idiot at the gun shop told him that DPMS is much better quality and Colt costs so much more because of the logo. I give up. This happened three days ago btw..

Feedback Score
    I noticed a big difference between a DPMS (now sold) CH and forged CH from CMMG. The semi-circle and adjacent square corners were wider on the CMMG, tho' I don't recall the thickness you've photo'd.

ETA: I checked, and the thickness of the CMMG looks like the Colt.
    Last edited by carbinero; 08-28-08 at 13:24. Reason: eta

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With todays economy....some salesmen will do anything to GET a sale.
    My quote of the day
    Provide you're smarter...Live by what you know and just shake your head at what someone tells you.

Feedback Score
    Your friend trusted the wrong guy,happens every day .it could be worse ,he should be glad he didn't trust the wrong doctor . I had a friend that went into the VA to get a knee problem fixed and ended up with an infection that attacked his heart mussles.the knee is still F*cked up and now his heart is also shot and he is in a wheelchair .
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Interesting, I went and checked my guns and my charles daly has a charging handle like the colt, but my bushmaster has one like the dpms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a common component to overlook in inspection. Some CHs are wafer thin in construction, and will bend easily. Those a bit more stout, but still not "quality", bend easily with many of the extended charging handle latches. Observed.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Colt on the left, DPMS on the right.

Wonder what else they cut corners on....
    So is the DPMS CH cast instead of forged?

Feedback Score
    Our issue carbine is an FN A2 with a DPMS safety installed to nueter it. I was issuing a gun to a new officer who is gun savvy and he was checking the gun out. I heard him say "Ummm" and looked up to see what had happened. The raised portion of the safety that you'd activate with your thumb had snapped off. He wasn't putting any pressure on it, it just freaking snapped.
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I always love "as good as."

I have seen many a broken and cracked charging handle. Have your CH snap as you are trying to remove a stuck case and then tell us what you think of the cheap charging handle!

I know I am beating a dead horse, but companies that do not follow the TDP, follow no standard at all. This means that they use the cheapest parts on the planet (in all areas). Buyer beware.

C4

Feedback Score
    So I looked at my Sabre and RRA charging handles and they appear to be the same thickness. Are they considered acceptable? Is the top of the charging handle supposed to be even with the top of the rail?

EDIT: Nevermind. Comparing it to the pic they both look like the Colt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast