Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricep Workout/Elbow Pain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Tricep Workout/Elbow Pain

Hello,

My two main exercises for triceps are pulley pushdowns and seated overhead dumbell triceps extensions. The problem is, I keep having recurring injury/pain (tendonitis) in my right elbow. I was wondering if anybody had any good rehab suggestions for the elbow or alternative exercises that would be easier on the elbows? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Change up your exercises for starters. Doing the same repetitive movements over and over is a no go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just took Alieve and powered through it at about 85% of normal weight. After several months of intermittent pain, it went away altogether. Haven't had any flareups in five or six years now.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I had a similar issue which eventually went away. Felt it mostly while doing skull crushers or pushups. Try the pulley pushdowns with your palms facing forward or do kickbacks. I never had a problem with either.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    When I had tendonitis/tennis elbow, Google told me to do wrist exercises. I did wrist curls with dumbbells and lightweight bars, palms up and then palms down, and backed the weight off my normal workout routine. The pain went away in about 2 weeks and I was able to go full force again.

I can't say for sure if I got better because of the wrist curls, or if it had more to do with just sucking it up and continuing my normal routine.

Feedback Score
    Wrist and bicep exercises will make elbow tendonitis go away in a hurry. I used to get it real bad from barbell bench presses.

Feedback Score
    Funny thing is that I have never gotten "tennis elbow" from playing tennis. (...and we play tennis a lot!) I got it from things like tricep kickbacks and other multi-joint arm lifts.

Yes, the wrist stretching and Advil route is what I took. That and laying off those lifts that aggravated the condition until it got better.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Rest it then don't do so much work for a small muscle group.

Get away from the isolation and hit more compound movements.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    take midol

ba dump bump

but really, full extension on curls and use fatgrips.

Antagonistic training FTW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S500N View Post
    Hello,

My two main exercises for triceps are pulley pushdowns and seated overhead dumbell triceps extensions. The problem is, I keep having recurring injury/pain (tendonitis) in my right elbow. I was wondering if anybody had any good rehab suggestions for the elbow or alternative exercises that would be easier on the elbows? Thanks in advance.
    Are you using a lat bar for pull downs, or a cotton rope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast