Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricep Workout/Elbow Pain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, it looks like Ibuprofen (which I have been taking), backing off on the weight, more variety, and adding wrist curls is the way to go. Thank you to everyone that responded!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Are you using a lat bar for pull downs, or a cotton rope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use one of the short angled bars.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S500N View Post
    I use one of the short angled bars.
    I always found the simple cotton rope to be easiest on the joints...even supinate the movement at the end. Read of this technique from either Arnold, or the great Cory Everson. Easier on the joint while isolating the triceps.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is it the lateral (outside) area of the elbow?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hello,

My two main exercises for triceps are pulley pushdowns and seated overhead dumbell triceps extensions. The problem is, I keep having recurring injury/pain (tendonitis) in my right elbow. I was wondering if anybody had any good rehab suggestions for the elbow or alternative exercises that would be easier on the elbows? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, they make these things, I don't know what they are called, but they look like really tiny pool-noodles. They are made of a heavy type of rubber. Anyway, you place it on your chest (standing, this is just as a land-mark), and rotate your hands indward to grasp it. Then you push it away from you, turning it horizontal as you do, while "giving it an Indian burn" (keep hands gripped firmly on it), if that makes any sense at all. I dunno what it does, but it absolutely destroys the symptoms you are talking about. Do 5-15 reps with 1 hand high, then swap hands, do again, before and after each work-out. Maybe Will Brink knows what I'm talking about and can chime in with more smart words than I've used to better help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I always found the simple cotton rope to be easiest on the joints...even supinate the movement at the end. Read of this technique from either Arnold, or the great Cory Everson. Easier on the joint while isolating the triceps.

I used to do these years ago, but switched to an angled bar due to being able to push more weight. I'm going to give them a try again. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Is it the lateral (outside) area of the elbow?
    This is exactly where my pain is.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is exactly where my pain is.
    Yep. That's where mine was. A week of doing what I explained above fixed it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lateral epicondylitis ("tennis elbow").

NSAIDs and PT (above stated exercises) as others have said.

If the pain doesn't begin to subside over the next few weeks, you may want to consult a doctor for a steroid injection.

Steroids have actually been shown to be more beneficial than NSADS and/or PT, but I completely understand the desire to take more conservative measures.
    Last edited by scooter22; 06-09-16 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Lateral epicondylitis ("tennis elbow").

NSAIDs and PT (above stated exercises) as others have said.

If the pain doesn't begin to subside over the next few weeks, you may want to consult a doctor for a steroid injection.

Steroids have actually been shown to be more beneficial than NSADS and/or PT, but I completely understand the desire to take more conservative measures.
    Steroid injections into a joint destroy cartilage if used very frequently. I can't imagine even 1 injection is *good*, however, one must weigh the damage of inflammation and continued use vs. the steroid's negative effects. I'd definitely try conventional first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast