Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you store your AR ammo in clips, boxes, or leave it loose?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Do you store your AR ammo in clips, boxes, or leave it loose?

Trying to figure out if storing ammo in clips would save time at the range, and/or leaving it loose (in ammo cans, for example) would save space.

I know some people keep some ammo in clips, but what about all of it? Seems a lot easier than throwing cardboard away left and right as it gets blown around in the wind.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I store mine in loose ammo cans for my "blaster" ammo and precision ammo in plastic cases

Everything stays labeled since all my rounds are handloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep everything on clips, 30 rounds to a cardboard sleeve, packed in either 30 or 50 cal cans.
    Using clips & a Maglula makes for quick mag loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I keep everything on clips, 30 rounds to a cardboard sleeve, packed in either 30 or 50 cal cans.
    Using clips & a Maglula makes for quick mag loading.
    Can you use a maglula with clips or do you just unload the clips first?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a mix of everything. Unopened cases, spam cans, unpacked boxes into ammo cans, loose in ammo cans, bandoleers with cardboard and clips, loaded magazines. No real "system".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Can you use a maglula with clips or do you just unload the clips first?
    I use the Striplula with clips. They can be used without but I don't think you're gaining much time that way. Much easier/quicker to just drop in a clip & push.

I reload all my own ammo so as I remove a full round from my press, they go right on a clip. I can fit 540 rounds to a 30 cal can & 1000 to a 50 cal can.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everything is either in it's box (case or half case as it was shipped to me) or in it's individual 20/50rd boxes in ammo cans if I've opened the case to start shooting it.

The only exceptions are the 'premium' self defense ammos, they are in their individual boxes front and center of the rest of the ammo in addition to being pre loaded in a couple magazines that are the utmost front and center (as well as already having one in each dedicated home defense gun to begin with).
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 06-08-16 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mags and loose. I just bring as many mags as I plan to shoot to the range.

Feedback Score
    I used to store my ammo loose in .50 cal cans with a dessicant, but ... those things get so darn heavy I stopped doing that. Now I keep the ammo in a custom closet with lots of strong shelving. I put in two drying rods in it and a dehumidifier, and can maintain a very low humidity atmosphere with low temps. I can then take as much ammo as I need with me without having to try to wrestle heavy ammo cans around.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have a lot of ammo in clips, but found them to be a bit of a pain during classes or range time when I load less than 10 rounds for a specific drill. So I switched to loose in a can. I recently picked up a couple of G-Code Bang Boxes to to better organize my loose rounds. I load my mags and the Bang Boxes at home before I head out. No cardboard, plastic or clips to clean up at the range.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/prod...ies/GBB01.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast