Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you store your AR ammo in clips, boxes, or leave it loose?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    I have a lot of ammo in clips, but found them to be a bit of a pain during classes or range time when I load less than 10 rounds for a specific drill.
    With a Striplula, you can just push in the desired amount rounds. It doesn't have to be the entire clip of 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I pack it boxed into ammo cans, throw in a 100gr pouch of disicant (sp.?) and a label on the outside of the ammo can.

On clips could be nice at the range, but you still have to sit around at home putting it all on the clips. If it comes on a clip I keep it on a clip. I don't feel like the time saved at the range is worth the time spent at home. My range is my back yard so I can load mags on my couch and then go out and shoot. I also keep loaded mags of plinking ammo in my plinking ammo can.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Most of practice ammo is in labeled cans. With normally 5 or 6 mags loaded with it.
    Premium stored in the factory boxes in labeled ammo cans. 3 mags loaded with it in my go bag, in the case with that particular rifle.
    This is the same process I use for all of my calibers, handgun, shotty, rifle, ect....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Trying to figure out if storing ammo in clips would save time at the range, and/or leaving it loose (in ammo cans, for example) would save space.

I know some people keep some ammo in clips, but what about all of it? Seems a lot easier than throwing cardboard away left and right as it gets blown around in the wind.
    I usually have any where from 5 to 10 mags loaded at home, but the night before I go to the range I usually load up a bunch more, I don't like wasting time loading mags while at the range. Got a bunch of stripper clips too but never really use them, everything else is in boxes.
    Last edited by kirkland; 06-08-16 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    In our training classes the instructors mix up the loads in each mag to force reloads etc.

Keeps you on your toes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thermold stripper clip guides are handy and do not have to have the clips to be beneficial. Drop them in loose then shove them in the magazine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I use the Striplula with clips. They can be used without but I don't think you're gaining much time that way. Much easier/quicker to just drop in a clip & push.

I reload all my own ammo so as I remove a full round from my press, they go right on a clip. I can fit 540 rounds to a 30 cal can & 1000 to a 50 cal can.
    That's what I do. Saves a ton of time in classes as well. Don't have to load individual rounds, just grab three clips, run them into the mag with the StripLula. Done.

Of coarse in an NJ class I can only run 1.5 clips into the mag, but either way.

When I buy a case of .223 or 5.56 I sit down in front of the tv with a bag of clip and an empty .50cal ammo can. Dump a few boxes of ammo at a time on the coffee table and just load up the clips. Before you know it, 1000 rounds on clips all done.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps I'm the exception, but I store my 5.56 in Magpul mags; 10 30 round magazine, and 20 20 round mags.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Store as much as possible in magazines. I despise wasting daylight reloading mags. I've recently found these to be pretty handy for the range.

http://www.amazon.com/MTM-Tactical-M.../dp/B00HVDFSQ0

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just get enough mags for all your cases of ammo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast