Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you store your AR ammo in clips, boxes, or leave it loose?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    All of my magazines are filled, except two for dry fire and practice.
    My spare ammunition of all calibers is stored in stripper clips when applicable (5.56), or otherwise stored in the original packaging if compact enough.

Feedback Score
    Blasting ammo is stored loose in 50 cal cans, everything else is in the factory boxes in 50 cal cans. I've been giving some serious thought to putting my blasting ammo on stripper clips though.

Feedback Score

Do you store your AR ammo in clips, boxes, or leave it loose?

My 7.62x51 is usually in clips, since I have the modded m-14 mags and I feel that's how God intended them to be used.

Everything else is in the box they were in when purchased, or the plastic reload box after I load them up. I'm not too fancy.

ETA...I also have pmags loaded with 5.56, some with 193 and some with 855. But the vast majority is as listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 06-09-16 at 04:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I leave my ammo in boxes except for a "fiddle faddle" can I keep loose 55 gr in for plinking.

I have one of those speed loaders, I think it's made by Cammenga IIRC. You stack however many you want and you pull the lever on the side and it speed loads.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep mags loaded with defensive ammo, but everything else is in MTM style plastic cases. I handload, so this is the easiest way to keep track of different loads.

ETA: I keep a few mags loaded with 7n6, but I keep the rest in the 30 round packs it came in.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 06-09-16 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    I have 30 round magpul mags and i put 25 rounds in them

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I prefer to keep my ammunition loaded into mags whenever possible to prevent having to reload during range time/classes. The way I look at it, loading stripper clips takes the same amount of time as loading magazines so I'd rather just cut out the middle man and put it straight into mags. Ammunition not stored in mags is kept in factory boxes and placed into ammo cans. At work a lot of our range ammo comes in the 20/30 round cartons already on clips.
    Last edited by tacticaldesire; 06-10-16 at 03:42.
    Worry less, Train more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234