Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Spitfire AR .....

Feedback Score
    Brownells had three of the Spitfire AR`s in stock and now have one on the way to me .Should be here by end of week . Maybe some range time shortly after that . FWIW , Academy Sports said they had one in stock , but after their stunt about pulling ARs off the shelf while still selling them from the back , they are no longer a store I`ll shop at .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    This is very interesting. The Spitfire AR may be my next purchase. I sold my last aimpoint a while ago due to my astigmatism. 1-4 optics are a bit heavy. This may be what I need
    The Spitfire is not Aimpoint Micro light... As it has an etched reticle, there is some old fashioned lenses.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Spitfire 1x (that's up for sale incidentally because I want something smaller) that is extremely clear. I also have a slight astigmatism and have no problems with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Have you had a chance to peek at the Sparc AR?

I've got an upper patiently waiting on a new optic, and if the Sparc doesn't give my grampa eyes the grape cluster treatment, it's on the short list.
    Yes, our REP just brought one in. Very nice for the money.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Received my Sparc AR last week. Zeroed at 25 yards on my AR9 pistol build. Ran about 500rds with it. I like it so far for the money. My only real gripe is the mount. Looking into after market for this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Have you had a chance to peek at the Sparc AR?

I've got an upper patiently waiting on a new optic, and if the Sparc doesn't give my grampa eyes the grape cluster treatment, it's on the short list.
    The Sparc is a straight red dot, so you'll probably get the grape cluster effect.

Feedback Score
    Just got the new Spitfire AR mounted and also , just got back from the indoor range ( I chickened out on using my club`s outdoor range as it`s 101 here today ! ) . Zero was at 25 yards and will be redone at 50 when I get to the outdoor range . First impressions : it looks good and feels solid . The mount was a bit of a pain as it doesn`t use an Allan wrench , but a T10 torx driver .... which everyone may not have . Once I figured that out , it mounted nice and solid . Like being able to focus the diopter as my right eye is really bad . No problems with my astigmatism and I like being able to switch between a green recticle and a red one . It ( for me ) was a little touchy on location as too far down and it made the image smaller . The sweet spot for me was about 4" to my eye . Also , I like the dot in the center of the recticle .... works well for me .
    Ran about 50 rounds through it and being able to actually see something other than a cluster of grapes , made a huge difference for me .
    When I get back , I want to take it off and then put it back on to see how much that changes the zero .
    Overall , so far , very pleased with the unit ....... only time will tell about life .
    Also , when I get back , more range time as I want to run about 100 rounds through it in various lighting conditions .

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Any more first hand information on these? I'm young, however I still suffer from the "grape cluster" effect of traditional red dots. Are these optics good to g o as far as durability and for HD/serious use?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Rekkr, I'm there with you. I can see just fine without corrective lenses, unless it's for fine details, but only a select few RDS's work with my nekkid eyeball.

I just got back from eyeballing everything from the Vortex SPARC AR to an Aimpoint T2.

Came home with an EOTech. The only RDS that have worked without glasses for me since my astigmatism started getting worse in 2014 are the EOTrash, and the Trijicon RX34 in green only (don't ask me why that works and the Amber doesn't).

Sold my ACOG because I couldn't read the stadia lines anymore.

The T2 was the best of the bunch for my eyeball as far as singular dots, and the Vortex options were the worst for my eye unless on setting 2 above NV. Keep in mind, you may find looking through your rear sight straightens everything out, but short of that, I'm ****ed on the majority of red dots.

At this point, durability be damned, if I end up with two dots without the BUIS deployed, it's all for nothing anyway. Thermal drift is irrelevant when some RDS is showing up with about 8-16 MOA worth of spread on the dot with my old man eye.

None of the shops I went to today had any of the Spitfire ARs; however, every prismatic sight I've looked through has:

1) Been fine
    2) Been fine with adjustment of the diopter.

Which leads me to what absolutely infuriates me about the optics industry. Why a company like Vortex can implement diopter adjustment into their optics, but none of the top tier RDS companies will do it, is absurd. I'd gladly pay the extra money for the feature, and I know I'm not alone in this. Not being 18 sucks.

I want another ACOG. Bad. I'd love to get a T2; it weighs freaking nothing. Nose-to-CH (how I've always shot) and corrective lenses don't work for me either. Maybe if I got some old 1980s Aviator glasses, but that ain't happenin.

It's a shitty spot, and I definitely feel you.

On a side note, the SPARC AR seemed like a damn nice little red dot for the money. Felt well-built, and very bricklike. Not nearly as bright as the T2, but that was the singular negative I had with it. The integrated battery compartment was pretty ingenious, and the controls worked intuitively. I personally don't care for CR2032 battery devices, and the AAA aspect of it was sweet. Other than not being as bright as the Aimpoint, MRO, etc, I couldn't really find much to complain about. If I could see the damn dot, I'd scoop one up for a training gun, or plinker in an instant. I imagine the Spitfire would be fine with the ability to adjust for broken eyeballs.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 06-30-16 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    Who has the Sparc AR IN STOCK ??
    I emailed SWFA and haven't got a response .
    THANKZ

Sent from my rocket ship using
    My cell'y

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast