Thread: Anyone have a spare A5H4 buffer?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Anyone have a spare A5H4 buffer?

It's like trying to find hen's teeth, but I'd like to test it out. Does anyone have a spare or know of a vendor that has one in stock?

I have a BCM 11.5 that I want to setup with the Vltor A5, but cannot find an A5H4 heavy buffer in stock. I have an H3 and springCo green spring enroute.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You can build your own out of a regular buffer. The weights are interchangeable.

A5H4 is 4 tungsten and 0 steel weights.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    You can build your own out of a regular buffer. The weights are interchangeable.

A5H4 is 4 tungsten and 0 steel weights.
    One problem for the average Joe... Drilling the tungsten for the spring. I am not a professional machinist but I have a lathe and a carbide center drill won't even scratch the tungsten weights.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    One problem for the average Joe... Drilling the tungsten for the spring. I am not a professional machinist but I have a lathe and a carbide center drill won't even scratch the tungsten weights.
    Oh that's right, the H4 is the only one with the spring inside... $hit, my bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Oh that's right, the H4 is the only one with the spring inside... $hit, my bad.
    All the A5 buffers have internal springs. In the A5H0-H3, the spring is connected to a steel weight. The H4 that weight is tungsten.

Now, outside of fully automatic fire maybe it makes no difference without the spring. I was almost going to try and hog out more of the plastic buffer side to hold the spring, but decided to against it.

All that said, I have some extra tungsten weights that I ordered intending to make 2-3 A5H4 buffers. PM me if you want to buy a few at cost.

...I have been looking for a used A5H4 buffer forever. May just man up and pay full price whenever they are in-stock.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks Ryno... found one.