Thread: Load Data 300 BLK for Noveske 8.5"

Feedback Score

Load Data 300 BLK for Noveske 8.5"

I am finishing my first 300 blackout build using a Noveske 8.5" SS barrel. I'm getting together things for loading. Does anyone have any experience and advise for obtaining solid subsonic and supersonic loads? Is CFE223 powder a good powder for sub and supers? Recommended bullet weights? Recommended specific bullets for subsonic expansion?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBroussard View Post
    I am finishing my first 300 blackout build using a Noveske 8.5" SS barrel. I'm getting together things for loading. Does anyone have any experience and advise for obtaining solid subsonic and supersonic loads? Is CFE223 powder a good powder for sub and supers? Recommended bullet weights? Recommended specific bullets for subsonic expansion?
    I use 17 gr of h110 and Speer 125g TNT projectiles for super. Leatherheads 220gr cast subs at 9.5 gr of imr 4227. For expanding SUbs use 194g Lehigh Defense projectiles
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    CFE223 and nearly all other rifle powders are unsuitable for .300 BLK. The only powders suitable for loading .300 BLK are magnum pistol powders and some smallbore shotgun powders. For supersonic loadings; H110/Win 296, Hodgdon's LilGun and Alliant's 300MP all perform very well. For subs; it seems as though Accurate's 1680 and 5744 perform the best.

Hodgdon, Alliant and Accurate all have load data on their websites.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson