Thread: Problems with IMI 77 gr razor core

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Problems with IMI 77 gr razor core

Just had major issues with a batch of IMI 77gr razor core. Blown primers -8 boxes total, 6-8 blown primers per box. Happened in several LMT and a colt rifles. All low round cut and no issues with bolt/headspace
    No issues with other ammo. Black hills and Fed m855

ALL lot # 00229/F.

Waiting to hear back from IMI

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have a bunch of boxes from that lot but haven't shot it yet. Ive been shooting from another lot and had no issues. Next time I'm at the range I'll bring a few of those boxes and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've shot other lots with no issues. This lot was good to go in accuracy , the repeated blown primers was alarming

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To my knowledge IMI has always been on the 'hoter' end of the mk262 clone specttum. Guess it was just a matter of time until tolerances stacked to the point of tipping over the edge for at least a lot.

Thank you for the heads up. I do not have any of this lot number, but IMI 77gr razorcore mk262 clone is my main use ammo so I will keep an eye out for this lot number in the future.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 06-15-16 at 23:25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    quackhead. Where are you? What were the ambient temps during these incidents? Could be borderline pressure ammo in a hot environment??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mid 60's, so temp is not an issue. Also was slow fire -sighting irons and optics, so guns did not heat up ( that much)

Feedback Score
    I have one box of this lot. I'll try it this weekend and see how it does. Fortunately all my other boxes are a different lot #.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Still no reply from IMI. I could not find any US based point of contact. It's also a bit alarming-what if it had been another ammo issue that blew up my rifle(s) and/ or caused injury.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    Still no reply from IMI. I could not find any US based point of contact. It's also a bit alarming-what if it had been another ammo issue that blew up my rifle(s) and/ or caused injury.
    Hold the "what ifs". That's the line of thinking behind the Left's greatest ideas. Without velocity figures, we're assuming it's over pressured. Could be worn staking tool or a soft batch of brass.

I'm curious if IMI responds and how. I'd really be curious to see velocity figures.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm not throwing what if's around. I'm concerned about no response so far and no apparent US POC . Any other reputable ammo manufacturer would have been all over this by now