Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Superalloy barrels

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I know this is a bit of a necropost, but...

I have owned a rifle since 2015 that took WAY lighter a buffer than it should have, to run. A V7 Inconel gas tube was installed from the word "go". No binding. No patency issues. No fitment problems.

Finally, I removed said tube, and installed a microbest (Daniel Defense). The gun immediately began cycling the way it was intended, with the intended weight buffer.

Another friend had the same issue, and mic'ed the V7 inconel tube. It measured an ID slightly smaller than mil-spec.

This is something t o keep in mind if you have a properly gassed gun, like a Hodge or Centurion.
    Great info, actually answers a question I had and is going to have me swap gas tubes on two different rifles.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I know this is a bit of a necropost, but...

I have owned a rifle since 2015 that took WAY lighter a buffer than it should have, to run. A V7 Inconel gas tube was installed from the word "go". No binding. No patency issues. No fitment problems.

Finally, I removed said tube, and installed a microbest (Daniel Defense). The gun immediately began cycling the way it was intended, with the intended weight buffer.

Another friend had the same issue, and mic'ed the V7 inconel tube. It measured an ID slightly smaller than mil-spec.

This is something t o keep in mind if you have a properly gassed gun, like a Hodge or Centurion.
    Glad I didnt go that route. I went with a nitrided gas tube from SIONICS, my Hodge barrel is running everything I feed it with a A5H3.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345