Thread: Tractor Tires. Best backyard or overall workout.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Tractor Tires. Best backyard or overall workout.

I started doing this while in the Corps and have just started a few months ago, flipping, hitting with a sledgehammer, and pushing tractor tires. Overall, best workout I have ever been involved in, dating back to weight training while in the military.
    There are seriously endless exercises you can do with a tractor tire, and the best part is they come in all sizes. Find a local tractor tire dealer, or used tire shop and see if they have any available. If you have a nice sized yard or lot you can do a full body workout without a gym membership.
    Just my .02 so take it for what it is worth and if it interest you go for it.
    Great way to get in shape, stay fit and healthy without a monthly fee.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    I started doing this while in the Corps and have just started a few months ago, flipping, hitting with a sledgehammer, and pushing tractor tires. Overall, best workout I have ever been involved in, dating back to weight training while in the military.
    There are seriously endless exercises you can do with a tractor tire, and the best part is they come in all sizes. Find a local tractor tire dealer, or used tire shop and see if they have any available. If you have a nice sized yard or lot you can do a full body workout without a gym membership.
    Just my .02 so take it for what it is worth and if it interest you go for it.
    Great way to get in shape, stay fit and healthy without a monthly fee.
    It's easy as chit to put together efficient highly effective workouts using very simple, often free, tools. When I worked with a SWAT team in 08 to help them prepare for a competition, they had a budget of zero. Anyone can produce a solid workout with a gym or a "box" full of stuff. With a zero budget, no so much.

So, I gave them a list of stuff to get via the DPW, dump, etc.

Tires of different sizes for dragging and flipping, sand bags from Home Depot duct tape together, flipping phone polls, and pushing squad cars, for 12 weeks while in full kit and engaging targets, had them placing 7th of 40+ teams on their first showing.

Following year, due to their excellent showing and popularity of the vids, etc, I was able to get companies to donate all kinds of cool suff, such as a push sled, reactive targets, etc. One tool 100% worth investing in to compliment your simple workout would be a quality push sled. Vids of the training from first year with all found, built, or "borrowed" stuff for the competition if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3043505F77FFDA
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    who is the geeky skinny guy with the hat and beard in the videos?

Feedback Score
    Picnic benches flipped upside down makes a great sled on a grass...just sayin'.

Be sure to rinse it off after if it's muddy, or Parks dude gets peeved.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    who is the geeky skinny guy with the hat and beard in the videos?

Some cracker who got in the way of the camera.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Tractor tires are good.

If you want to improve your backyard workout, another great implement that you can make yourself is a sled and/or a prowler for pushing and pulling workouts. Damn good workout for the legs, and no need to buy anything (although there are good ones for sale, too). http://www.elitefts.com/education/tr...-and-strength/

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I scored a roughly 180lb tire from a used tire place for free. I called a local shop, offered to pick it up, and they just let me take it.

One of the best additions to my home gym, outside of my atlas stones.

Feedback Score
    It also has been gaining popularity with cross fit nuts

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Yea the crossfit cult has taken to the tractor tires. I have been juggling the idea of the sled and trying to figure out if i want to build or buy.