Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

I have sourced a bottle, and began testing it. So far, the only thing I have tested is corrosion resistance. It has done superbly, besting SLIP 2000 EWL and another bio-based lubricant significantly in my saline testing.

It is a very thin oil, roughly 1/2 the viscosity of 0-20 motor oil.

It has a low but pleasant odor

It is purple as advertised

I have not yet used it on a firearm, but plan to on Monday, and will compare it to other products in that use at that time.

My main questions, especially if RXM or another Geissele employee would comment...

...How does not not gum up over time, being bio-based? I have never used a bio-based product which did NOT varnish/gum up, when given long enough.
    ...Is it GMO seed-based, or is it synthetic based, with GMO seed-oil addative?
    ...Will it mix with petroleum based CLP's readily and without negative result on a weapon, or must I chemically de-grease the weapon before using it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been eyeballing this as well. Want to see your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does it run or evaporate? That's what I want to know. The little graph on the website says "Non-Gumming Perfect for concealed carry and duty weapons." While I've never had an oil gum on me, my main concern is that it doesn't "dry" out or run off when carried for long periods on the rack.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    People are going off the rails with the gun lube derp. Anything from Rem-oil to motor and every gun oil (except Frog Lube) is fine and works well enough.

Gravity is going to pull any oil toward the center of the Earth. Nuthin' you can do about it.
    Last edited by samuse; 06-18-16 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    People are going off the rails with the gun lube derp. Anything from Rem-oil to motor and every gun oil (except Frog Lube) is fine and works well enough
    In my experience, Froglube works fine, rain or shine, summer heat or winter snows and I run it on more than just my AR. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Idk what it is about Geissele but I'd be confident in anything they bring to market.

Next time I purchase gun oil, I'll be trying it.
    Last edited by Swstock; 06-19-16 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    Does the purple juice stain skin and clothing?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Gravity is going to pull any oil toward the center of the Earth. Nuthin' you can do about it.
    I've wondered how Mobil Vactra way oil that I use on the lathe and Bridgeport would stand up in an AR. It's got some stuff in it that helps it stay in place on vertical ways. My concern would be gumming up the works under heat....

http://pds.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...ed_Series.aspx

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    I've wondered how Mobil Vactra way oil that I use on the lathe and Bridgeport would stand up in an AR. It's got some stuff in it that helps it stay in place on vertical ways. My concern would be gumming up the works under heat....

http://pds.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...ed_Series.aspx
    I've always wondered the exact same thing. We should ask Geissele what he uses on his ways and rails..

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm interested in trying the Go Juice though, if for no other reason than to give a good company some more business. They totally took care of me when I ^&#$@$% up an EMR barrel nut at no cost.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast