Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

I have sourced a bottle, and began testing it. So far, the only thing I have tested is corrosion resistance. It has done superbly, besting SLIP 2000 EWL and another bio-based lubricant significantly in my saline testing.

It is a very thin oil, roughly 1/2 the viscosity of 0-20 motor oil.

It has a low but pleasant odor

It is purple as advertised

I have not yet used it on a firearm, but plan to on Monday, and will compare it to other products in that use at that time.

My main questions, especially if RXM or another Geissele employee would comment...

...How does not not gum up over time, being bio-based? I have never used a bio-based product which did NOT varnish/gum up, when given long enough.
    ...Is it GMO seed-based, or is it synthetic based, with GMO seed-oil addative?
    ...Will it mix with petroleum based CLP's readily and without negative result on a weapon, or must I chemically de-grease the weapon before using it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been eyeballing this as well. Want to see your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does it run or evaporate? That's what I want to know. The little graph on the website says "Non-Gumming Perfect for concealed carry and duty weapons." While I've never had an oil gum on me, my main concern is that it doesn't "dry" out or run off when carried for long periods on the rack.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    People are going off the rails with the gun lube derp. Anything from Rem-oil to motor and every gun oil (except Frog Lube) is fine and works well enough.

Gravity is going to pull any oil toward the center of the Earth. Nuthin' you can do about it.
    Last edited by samuse; 06-18-16 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I would presume that it runs more than others, but instructions say to wipe away excess after applying, so...it should run equal to anything but grease?

Feedback Score
    I've used go-juice, it seems fine. Honestly for a casual shooter it's really hard to tell the difference between most lubes. Between CLP, Balistol, and go-juice, I cannot tell a difference with ~1000 rounds, but maybe that's because I don't shoot enough?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I can tell a difference in less than 50 rounds between products I've used.

Feedback Score
    Well I've only tried those 3 specifically, and all seemed equally as adequate, no FTF or FTE in an 8hr session.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It's in the cleaning that I can tell. Slip 2000 ewl wipes clean. Weaponshield requires scrubbing. Others are in between. Fireclean has thus far been the easiest to wipe up with, I'd say 5 to 10 percent better than slip 2000 ewl, and a distant third is lucas extreme gun oil. I am anxious to see how the alg product does!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It's in the cleaning that I can tell. Slip 2000 ewl wipes clean. Weaponshield requires scrubbing. Others are in between. Fireclean has thus far been the easiest to wipe up with, I'd say 5 to 10 percent better than slip 2000 ewl, and a distant third is lucas extreme gun oil. I am anxious to see how the alg product does!
    Agreed.

Lucas EGO seems to be more slippery/better at reducing friction than FC by as little bit, but it's not nearly as good during cleaning. I've deliberately mixed Lucas EGO with other lubes and no gumming for the last two months.

I don't think anybody could go wrong with those three. I'm interested in this Geissele goo as well.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast