Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Train1 View Post
    Slip gets into the pores of the metal, and even if looks dry from storage, get wet again once it heats up. The low and high tempt tests are insane.
    Properly manufactured and finished metal doesn't have "pores." I know this claim is used by lots of lube companies, not only for firearms but also for car engines, etc., but it's misleading. There are microscopic surface irregularities, but not "pores."

Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I've tried almost everything with little or no difference. Marketing hype and in peoples head.
    There are some pricey firearms-marketed oils that are quite awful, but they aren't as commonly sold or purchased any more. And tons that are OK but overpriced.

ATF (transmission fluid, not the agency) and motor oil will work. SLIP2000 in all its varieties is pretty good, nontoxic, and doesn't gum up or cause any problems I've noticed. It DOES seem to disappear after 1-2 years in storage, but that's not the end of the world. I imagine go-juice is good too, but given the 8-10 brands of lube I still have on hand from past experiments, I haven't bought any yet.

I'm not bashing ALG go-juice and reserving the names of outdated products I would bash, but it's just not worth getting hung up on this. Choose a well established product, or motor oil, and call it good. Just be skeptical of anything that's supposedly a miracle oil AND edible too, and marketed by operators from tier-0 units so secretive that if they told you the unit name, Space Marines would have to kill you.

Feedback Score
    I’ve found Go-Juice and grease to work just as well as anything else, and frankly, it’s much less expensive than Slip 2000.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That is the opposite of why personal use, and the bottle sitting in front of me. It seems to be a heavier liquid that most other lubes.

Have you actually used it?
    It does appear thinner than ewl, but not as thin as Bob Marvel.

Suppose I could try some on a 1911 too.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223