Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    Thread revival. I’ve been using Slip EWL ever since I heard the BCM Filthy Fourteen story which the guys rifle a few posts ago reminded me of. I’m going to finally try the GoJuice I got from a couple G trigger purchases. Has anyone been using the GoJuice or grease now for years and still happy?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Thread revival. I’ve been using Slip EWL ever since I heard the BCM Filthy Fourteen story which the guys rifle a few posts ago reminded me of. I’m going to finally try the GoJuice I got from a couple G trigger purchases. Has anyone been using the GoJuice or grease now for years and still happy?
    I discontinued the use of mine after a year use. I got to shoot through this past winter which I usually don't get to do since I changed jobs.

I noticed it got pretty gritty in 28° weather once some carbon started to build up and the bolt felt sluggish. I didn't have any malfunctions but this didn't sit right with me so I went back to just all oil and the sluggishness went away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I have gone through 4 bottles of the GoJuice. It has worked very well for me. IMHO, it is everything FireClean claimed to be.

If this helps at all, I don't clean the AR's actions as much as I "should".. I tend to briefly wipe the BCG, and re oil. ( I concentrate on the bore more)

And GoJuice stays "wet" in between BCG cleaning.

I shoot in the PNW, from rain to arid desert... rarely below 32 degrees.

ALG GoJuice has worked very well for all the S/A's, handguns , lever actions and WWII bolt guns

I use the grease as well, but not as much. The very fine aspect works well on triggers, safeties, etc.

Honestly... it works so well, I haven't bothered to try any thing else since I started using it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman556 View Post
    I discontinued the use of mine after a year use. I got to shoot through this past winter which I usually don't get to do since I changed jobs.

I noticed it got pretty gritty in 28° weather once some carbon started to build up and the bolt felt sluggish. I didn't have any malfunctions but this didn't sit right with me so I went back to just all oil and the sluggishness went away.
    Are you referring to the grease or GJ? Do you mean that now you only use GJ?

28* doesn't sound like much of a test for any modern lube so I'm wondering if there was something else going on...how many rounds through without cleaning or adding lube? Where and how did you lube it to begin with?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Also, for those who have used the grease, how does it do when it gets hot when firing the gun? Does it still stay put or does it thin out and migrate off the areas you put it?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have a bottle of the Go Juice. I reach for it more than anything else these days, and appreciate it being non-toxic. I haven't tested it alongside Slip2000 in extreme weather, so no comment there. In fairness, for my "daily drivers', I just add lube intermittently but only clean every 1-2 thousand rounds. Carry and go to equipment stays clean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Also, for those who have used the grease, how does it do when it gets hot when firing the gun? Does it still stay put or does it thin out and migrate off the areas you put it?
    I use the grease on my bolt carrier and charging handle as the GoJuice seems to migrate away from where I want it. The grease works well for me and the bolt carrier stays wet for a while. I tend to run around 500-700 rounds before cleaning with little lube in between depending on how it looks. The grease is easy to clean as well. I pretty much stopped using the GoJuice because I tend to find it all over my buffer tube and take down pins. Shit runs like Bruce Jenner used too. I do want to try some Slip though just to see.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I never had any issues with Go Juice, but went back to SLIP EWL because the performance difference I could observe wasn't much to speak of, and the EWL has a longer track record, so...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I didn't see this asked....since it's a seed oil/bio, will it go rancid over time? I like the lucas and that might be as much the needle bottle as the product itself, but similar to ALG, you use so little even a 1oz bottle lasts me a very long time. How does an opened, partly-consumed container do after a long time? Still the same or rancid?

Also question re: the grease....how is it in very cold weather? I quit using Tetra grease after light primer strikes in January on a gun. Was from that in the striker channel + a very cold gun. After a mag or so, would be flawless, most all year flawless, but around 15° or below that grease caused me issues in a P320. It didn't cause issues in an AR, but would make my P320 unreliable.
    Last edited by CMV; 05-27-20 at 15:39.
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I never had any issues with Go Juice, but went back to SLIP EWL because the performance difference I could observe wasn't much to speak of, and the EWL has a longer track record, so...
    Interesting, what about corrosion resistance? Thought you mentioned through the thread that there was a noticeable difference in your testing.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast