Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Geissele/ALG Go-Juice

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I never had any issues with Go Juice, but went back to SLIP EWL because the performance difference I could observe wasn't much to speak of, and the EWL has a longer track record, so...
    Pretty much this. I can get into the technical details about alot of things in the AR-15 but lube is not one of them. The consensus is as long as its wet it will work. If you dont want it to dry up or oxidize then deal with the increased toxicity of preservatives(it is really that hard to wash your hands after handing your gun?) The only thing grease should lubricate are the 4 rails on the bolt carrier.

Feedback Score
    It's GEE SELL. Once again .It cost more so it must be better .Like that 40 dollar mag button. Unless they became chemists .Its formulated and manufactured somewhere else. And could very likely be something that is in use now for years. Maybe even used in a different application other than firearms. in other words .Buy it by a 55 gallon drum stick it in a small bottle put a big price on it with some big priced joker's name on it.Suckers.

Feedback Score
    I bought an SD-E last year for a 300 pistol I assembled, the Go Juice came with it. I own another SD-E, and an SSA-E, that came with the brown grease, and oiled with Mobil 1 5w20, they al worked very well. I relubed these with the Go Juice on the sear surfaces, and there was a noticeable improvement of trigger feel. I bought the 4oz Go Juice, and 0000 grease labor day deal.
    I have not noticed any drying out, or gumming up of the Go Juice, and it cleans very well, I have used it to clean Fire rings off my 686 cylinders. I am pretty impressed with it.
    Semper Fi My Brothers

Feedback Score
    STILL WATCHING AND DO SOME LIMITED TESTING. RESULTS PENDING. SAME WITH W/C STUFF. MY GO TO LUBE IS MILITECH, FOR A FEW REASONS. I WILL NOT USE ANY OF THE BIO BASED LUBES. ALWAYS HAD SOME PROBLEMS FROM RUST UNDER THE PRODUCT BASE, GUMMING, HARD TO CLEAN AS THE WAX BAKES ON, CARBON "WIPES RIGHT OFF" WITH ANY RESIDUE EITHER MAKING LAPPING COMPOUND AND KILLING THE FIT OR LEACHING THROUGH TO CAUSE RUST. WHEN I DIRECTLY QUESTIONED THE NAVY GUY WHO DEVELOPED ONE BRAND WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HE JUST WALKED AWAY. THEN BLOCKED ME ON FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE. SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

I'LL POST RESULTS AND WATCH FOR YOURS. ETA RESULTS 6 MONTHS. WINTER DONE, SPRING/SUMMER PENDING.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XUSMICO View Post
    STILL WATCHING AND DO SOME LIMITED TESTING. RESULTS PENDING. SAME WITH W/C STUFF. MY GO TO LUBE IS MILITECH, FOR A FEW REASONS. I WILL NOT USE ANY OF THE BIO BASED LUBES. ALWAYS HAD SOME PROBLEMS FROM RUST UNDER THE PRODUCT BASE, GUMMING, HARD TO CLEAN AS THE WAX BAKES ON, CARBON "WIPES RIGHT OFF" WITH ANY RESIDUE EITHER MAKING LAPPING COMPOUND AND KILLING THE FIT OR LEACHING THROUGH TO CAUSE RUST. WHEN I DIRECTLY QUESTIONED THE NAVY GUY WHO DEVELOPED ONE BRAND WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HE JUST WALKED AWAY. THEN BLOCKED ME ON FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE. SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

I'LL POST RESULTS AND WATCH FOR YOURS. ETA RESULTS 6 MONTHS. WINTER DONE, SPRING/SUMMER PENDING.
    Easy on the caps lock man. There's no need for it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    People are going off the rails with the gun lube derp. Anything from Rem-oil to motor and every gun oil (except Frog Lube) is fine and works well enough.

Gravity is going to pull any oil toward the center of the Earth. Nuthin' you can do about it.
    I've tried almost everything with little or no difference. Marketing hype and in peoples head.

Feedback Score
    I've also heard it is very thin.

I use "Slip2000 EWL-30" and the "EWG" which is a grease, like melting butter tho and really just Slip with a higher viscosity.

The grease (which isn't as thick and gunky as the yellow aviation grease that Giessele used to gives a few vials of with new Triggers).

I removed that and used the SLIP-EWG in the applicator push tube, and it works even Better!

Slip gets into the pores of the metal, and even if looks dry from storage, get wet again once it heats up. The low and high tempt tests are insane.

Like 5k F/A rds through an M4/16 before needing a cleaning/re-lube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using the Go Juice & Very Thin Grease for about 3 years now on all my AR's, AK, Glocks, 1911. They've all ran flawless without any issues. No gumming or anything funky from storing any of my firearms like they did with Fireclean/Froglube. The Go Juice does run a bit if you put too much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Train1 View Post
    I've also heard it is very thin.
    That is the opposite of why personal use, and the bottle sitting in front of me. It seems to be a heavier liquid that most other lubes.

Have you actually used it?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I've tried almost everything with little or no difference. Marketing hype and in peoples head.

Yes and no. Most people are not going to use their weapons hard enough in a firing schedule to see a difference, but that doesn’t negate what differences are present. An improvement of 5% might be huge to a military unit, but in semi auto fire on clean ranges without sand blowing around, the average shooter isn’t going to replicate or see a difference.

The biggest thing is to keep it wet, and if shooters do that the odds are they will be happy with the result.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast