Thread: Anyone using AR-COMP in .223

Feedback Score

Anyone using AR-COMP in .223

Picked up a pound of it Friday, is anyone using it for 69-77 grain bullets? It also looks like it'd be a great powder to get 5.56 velocity with .223 pressures out of 55 grain bullets, how's the temperature stability?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is this one of RELOADER's powders? I've not tried it... but I think it's supposed to be a "temp stable" attempt by RELOADER. Which isn't saying much because of how horribly unstable there other RE powders are. I'd never push 5.56 velocities with any RE powders.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Never tried AR-Comp. I like Reloader 15 and Reloader 17 and a buddy runs a lot of Reloader 33 in different calipers. I don't think their bad powders. For 75-77gr bullets 8208 is a great powder in 223 and in 55gr I've been playing around with CFE 223 some and liking it so far I just picked up 8lbs to play with. I'd be interested in what others that have used AR-Comp have to say about it also.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I got a bunch of it after Sandy Hook as it was the only thing around. Not my favorite but it works. I keep it stashed away if needed for a rainy day.

Feedback Score
    I had extremely good luck with the first 1o pounds of AR Comp, then I hit a different lot and nearly blew my rifle up! This was using 55 grain bullets in an 11.5" SBR.

See my thread on this occurance.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ots&highlight=

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I had extremely good luck with the first 1o pounds of AR Comp, then I hit a different lot and nearly blew my rifle up! This was using 55 grain bullets in an 11.5" SBR.
    I've had a few powder lot/pressure change experiences. XBR 8208 started popping primers after a lot change, then Varget lost 60 fps in .308 after a lot change. It's a real issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v