Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3

Feedback Score
    Although on overall good suppressor host, some cans require the "Beretta Long" mount or thread insert so you clear your guide rod, etc.

Instead of the standard 1/2x28 length.

I would look at which can, etc.
    For example, my can does need the long one.
    And the company does make it.

While another can I looked at they did not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I guess beretta has found success. Offer several models with a fat grip, seriously flawed safety, and various limited sight options, and build a frothing desire for a thousand dollar gun. LOL. Yes, it is competitive with the Legion, sorta.
    There is no way the m9a3 can compete with the legion.... it doesn't include a challenge coin....

Given the choice between an M9A3 and legion I would grab the Beretta. I think it is a better gun when configured in the g model.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 06-30-16 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying that the threads are not long enough for the suppressors to index on the barrel shoulder? I ask because I'm think of getting one once the G-configuration is available, but not if it requires some adaptor.
    Running a silencerco Osprey. You need a special Beretta adapter since the stock 1/2x28 adapter isn't long enough. I believe it's the 1/2x28 XL.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying that the threads are not long enough for the suppressors to index on the barrel shoulder? I ask because I'm think of getting one once the G-configuration is available, but not if it requires some adaptor.
    It depends on what suppressor you want to use.
    Some the guide rod will hit.

Pick what suppressor you like, then search. Some are not an issue, others are.

If the can you like is an issue,
    The company may or may not offer a longer piston for it.

For example,
    I am doing an octane 45,
    I need a longer piston,
    They make it,
    I am good to go.

I cannot remember what other ones were an issue and they do not have a longer piston.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    It depends on what suppressor you want to use.
    Some the guide rod will hit.

Pick what suppressor you like, then search. Some are not an issue, others are.

If the can you like is an issue,
    The company may or may not offer a longer piston for it.

For example,
    I am doing an octane 45,
    I need a longer piston,
    They make it,
    I am good to go.

I cannot remember what other ones were an issue and they do not have a longer piston.
    Thank you. I'm also running an Octane45 and an Obsidian45 that I pick-up next week. So, it appears that I'll need another piston if I decide to get a M9A3.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    There is no way the m9a3 can compete with the legion.... it doesn't include a challenge coin....

Given the choice between an M9A3 and legion I would grab the Beretta. I think it is a better gun when configured in the g model.
    Understand. But the Legion is quite the deal considering all the upgrades given the MSRP starting point on the standard SIG. If the M9A3 did likewise it would come in at $750. Just sayin. I would assume that Beretta offered the M9A3 at about the same cost to big Army to get a jump on the replacement. And they Army likely would have been smart to take it. I DO think the Vertec grip and G changes the game for the M9. But this should have been done anyway.
    Last edited by m4brian; 06-30-16 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Understand. But the Legion is quite the deal considering all the upgrades given the MSRP starting point on the standard SIG. If the M9A3 did likewise it would come in at $750. Just sayin. I would assume that Beretta offered the M9A3 at about the same cost to big Army to get a jump on the replacement. And they Army likely would have been smart to take it. I DO think the Vertec grip and G changes the game for the M9. But this should have been done anyway.
    I think the legion is more comparable to the brig tac

Legion wins:
    -front cocking serrations
    -trigger reset
    -warranty (which it seems you may need)

I think that is about it. I would include price but the legion sights suck ass and I would change them, and the mag release is also a little on the small side so I'd go with another one.

Feedback Score
    In relation to your thread about the Legion vs Brig Tac, I handled the guns again on the same day at a different dealer. This dealer had a Brig Tac with the full Wilson Combat action tune/trigger job, and with those upgrades the Brig Tac is spectacular. I'd imagine the Legion with an actual trigger tune by Bruce Gray would be closer apples to apples, but the Brig Tac with some Wilson magic is just that: magic. I'm scheming on how to convince the wife that I NEED that Brig Tac. I mean I have to give it a home, plus this guy actually has a Blade Tech holster for the Brig Tac in stock, I could have the whole pistol outfitted and ready to go in one stop shop!

The reset on the tuned Brig Tac is longer in SA but the over all trigger is better, just as crisp as the Legion but lighter. There is no comparing the DA, even the standard Brig Tac was better but with some additional attention it's so much better than the Legion that it is not even a fair comparison.

The addition of front cocking serrations on the Brig Tac would be nice but the Beretta slide does taper towards the muzzle, I guess you could still perform a press check on the tapered portion but your fingers would be awfully close to the business end.

The sights on the Legion, while a neat idea, in practice for me are nothing special. The shop allowed me to take the Legion outside to see what the front sight did in direct sunlight, I had hoped it would get really bright like a fiber optic but that is not the case. A set of Trijicon HD's would be a far superior arrangement. The sights on the Brig Tac actually pick up better for me, although after shooting a set of Trijicon HD's on a PPS M2 I'd be tempted to change out the Brig Tac sights as well if the stock sights didn't shoot POA=POI.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    The addition of front cocking serrations on the Brig Tac would be nice but the Beretta slide does taper towards the muzzle, I guess you could still perform a press check on the tapered portion but your fingers would be awfully close to the business end.
    We've been doing chamber checks on M9s for years by just pivoting the shooting hand, wrapping the trigger finger over the slide, and pulling back to see (making an "OK" with your hand). Doesn't need any serrations and works on every gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    In relation to your thread about the Legion vs Brig Tac, I handled the guns again on the same day at a different dealer. This dealer had a Brig Tac with the full Wilson Combat action tune/trigger job, and with those upgrades the Brig Tac is spectacular. I'd imagine the Legion with an actual trigger tune by Bruce Gray would be closer apples to apples, but the Brig Tac with some Wilson magic is just that: magic. I'm scheming on how to convince the wife that I NEED that Brig Tac. I mean I have to give it a home, plus this guy actually has a Blade Tech holster for the Brig Tac in stock, I could have the whole pistol outfitted and ready to go in one stop shop!

The reset on the tuned Brig Tac is longer in SA but the over all trigger is better, just as crisp as the Legion but lighter. There is no comparing the DA, even the standard Brig Tac was better but with some additional attention it's so much better than the Legion that it is not even a fair comparison.

The sights on the Legion, while a neat idea, in practice for me are nothing special. The shop allowed me to take the Legion outside to see what the front sight did in direct sunlight, I had hoped it would get really bright like a fiber optic but that is not the case. A set of Trijicon HD's would be a far superior arrangement. The sights on the Brig Tac actually pick up better for me, although after shooting a set of Trijicon HD's on a PPS M2 I'd be tempted to change out the Brig Tac sights as well if the stock sights didn't shoot POA=POI.
    The berettas aren't sprung too heavy so it should be possible to grab bare slide and press check but serrations would've been nice.

They sell the brig tac with action job for about $100 more than normal so if it felt that good it is probably worth it.

The legion has a craptastic mag well while the Beretta has a pretty nice one. The legion sight concept is good as you said but the sizes are totally screwed up and I also don't like the "cropped ears" on the corners. The da is pretty bad on the legion compared to the Beretta with D spring. It wouldve also been nice if they went with a p-spit instead of a p-sait on the legion so that adjustment screw doesn't cause issues. While at it they could throw in the GGI mag release or properly relieve the g10 grips near the mag button...

I'm looking forward to seeing the EL 92, it sounds like it will basically be a m9a3 elite.

I'd also like to see a real elite 3 with a steel frame and the same in a frame mounted safety that is SAO. The likelihood of this happening is probably low though, sadly.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast