Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just did the G conversion on mine.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know the status on these? I though the Tennessee plant would be cranking them out by now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    Anyone know the status on these? I though the Tennessee plant would be cranking them out by now.
    They're out there if you know where to look. Your best bet will be Gunbroker. Just have to be ready to pounce on the ones that are priced right. It'll likely be a while before the backlog is caught up.

Feedback Score
    so I'm about to buy one but can't see one in person....

how much barrel slop/wiggle/play is there at full battery? going to run an Octane on it 100% of the time and if lockup of muzzle isn't rock solid and also how stiff is the static slide preload at battery?
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsCarsBikesCigars View Post
    so I'm about to buy one but can't see one in person....

how much barrel slop/wiggle/play is there at full battery? going to run an Octane on it 100% of the time and if lockup of muzzle isn't rock solid and also how stiff is the static slide preload at battery?
    These guns don't have a "rock solid" muzzle lockup as the barrels lock to the slide with the locking block. That said, the barrels on my 2 M9A3s don't wiggle around when I try to move them if that's what you're asking. And since this is a hammer gun, in battery the slide preload can vary whether or not the hammer is decocked or not. Obviously more force if the hammer is decocked and resting against the slide.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    An update on price: My LGS can get this gun for $859.95, unknown ETA, though. I'm gonna sign up for some extra shifts.

Feedback Score
    Why do some people crave the G model on this gun? If you don't like the safety, just use it as a decocker only. I believe the M9A3 has the safety lever design which prevents you from accidentally setting to "safe" when racking the slide.

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Why do some people crave the G model on this gun? If you don't like the safety, just use it as a decocker only. I believe the M9A3 has the safety lever design which prevents you from accidentally setting to "safe" when racking the slide.

Bart Noir
    The M9A3's safety is less likely to accidentally be set to safe than previous Beretta safeties, but it is still possible to do so.

I know. I did it once while attempting to demonstrate the reduced likelihood of it occurring of the M9A3.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score

Bart Noir
    The M9A3 lever can still accidentally go on "safe" when racking the slide. Install the G lever to remove this possibility.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score

Bart Noir
    when you carry one for an extended period of time, you will often find it is not in the position you put/wanted it in.
    Some people want to be able to decock, put it on fire and it stays on fire.

Some want to decock, leave it on safe, and it not go on fire.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast