Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5320.20: who files a lot of them?

Feedback Score

5320.20: who files a lot of them?

I need a couple volunteers to test something for me. Looking for some of you that file for 8-12 firearms at a time, preferably for multiple states, and are still using the ATF form with 3 items per form.

I created an Excel version of the form where you fill out a "control" tab and it populates all your forms (up to 30 states right now) based on what you provide on that one tab. Submitted my first ones on it today, and everything works good for me...but want a couple other people to give me feedback.

Shoot me a PM with your email address and the number of items you file. (I'm asking this particular piece of info because I made different versions for each option between 6-12). If one version works, the rest should, but who knows?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I need a couple volunteers to test something for me. Looking for some of you that file for 8-12 firearms at a time, preferably for multiple states, and are still using the ATF form with 3 items per form.

I created an Excel version of the form where you fill out a "control" tab and it populates all your forms (up to 30 states right now) based on what you provide on that one tab. Submitted my first ones on it today, and everything works good for me...but want a couple other people to give me feedback.

Shoot me a PM with your email address and the number of items you file. (I'm asking this particular piece of info because I made different versions for each option between 6-12). If one version works, the rest should, but who knows?
    I'm interested.. Ill shoot you a PM. I typically submit for all the surrounding states and also to states I frequent travel to. I would say I would try 6 line items with about 12 states for each. Roughly.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-28-16 at 00:28.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    FWIW...got forms back approved with 11 items on each form (filed for 4 different states).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Wish I had seen this, just mailed 2 5320.20s for 2 SBRs for 2 different states.

Not sure how helpful that would be as I only have 2 items that require those forms. But I could if you wanted me to.

3ish weeks for approval? Not bad
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-14-16 at 05:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wish I had seen this, just mailed 2 5320.20s for 2 SBRs for 2 different states.

Not sure how helpful that would be as I only have 2 items that require those forms. But I could if you wanted me to.

3ish weeks for approval? Not bad
    Yeah, wouldn't have helped too much, but nice to have.

They got them on 6/27, approved on 7/1, and they arrived between 7/7-7/9 while I was out of town. ~2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Just got back in town and will put the form to the test this weekend. I'll post my feedback up. Thanks again for sending it over. Glad they approved yours, so I have no doubt they will get my 6 or 7 at a time through.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    If I choose to stop overnight at a hotel along my travels do I need a 5320.20 for that state? What address do I use if I stay at different hotels for different trips over the course of the year I submit the form for?
    Last edited by dmaxfireman; 07-15-16 at 08:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    If I choose to stop overnight at a hotel along my travels do I need a 5320.20 for that state? What address do I use if I stay at different hotels for different trips over the course of the year I submit the form for?
    Intrastate travel isn't limited, so you just need permission to be in the state. I submit forms for states I've never take NFA items to, just in case I get an invite. I simply search only for an outdoor range and use that address.

The Safe Passage provision of FOPA is supposed to protect you if just passing through a state (on a direct route) with short stops for food and gas. Overnight stays would require a 5320.20 as I understand it.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    BigWaylon, thanks for this form. That saved me about 2 hours of hand filling them in. Worked really really well. I ended up sending forms in for 15 states. Well see if they all get approved. But from yours going through, I don't see why mine would not. Thank you again. That was a huge help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    BigWaylon, thanks for this form. That saved me about 2 hours of hand filling them in. Worked really really well. I ended up sending forms in for 15 states. Well see if they all get approved. But from yours going through, I don't see why mine would not. Thank you again. That was a huge help.
    Glad to hear it. Next test for me comes in a month or so. I have 10 states filled out dated 9/1/16, with the travel dates for all of 2017.

Can't remember exactly when I sent it, but I made two minor changes from the original:
    1. Put =today() in the date field, so it will populate with the current date (or you can overwrite it if needed)
    2. For the "to" and "from" addresses, the current 5320.20 says county on one and country on the other. I think my first versions of the Excel I put country on both. I changed it to county on both, as we're not exporting. On my forms, I actually put both...like "Mecklenburg County, USA". Some of the previous versions of the 5320.20 had a separate block for county.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast