Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LMT Tactical Rear Sight

Feedback Score
    Been looking at the LMT for a while now. I do have a few questions for those that have them

Dose the big nut on the side get in the way of the charging handle in anyway?

Any idea what they weigh?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prodgi View Post
    Been looking at the LMT for a while now. I do have a few questions for those that have them

Dose the big nut on the side get in the way of the charging handle in anyway?

Thanks
    No, it doesn't get in the way at all, I run a Gunfighter Mod 4 and never had a problem.

I have no idea how much it weighs, but doesn't seem like a lot. Of course, I'm the guy who runs an M4 that's almost tipping the scales of a SAW...

It's a solid rear sight, I highly recommend them.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prodgi View Post

Thanks
    There are two of versions of these sights in the wild. A few years ago, LMT implemented some changes to the construction and material used in the sight. One quick way to tell (though don't quote me) is to look at the bottom of the sight. If it's hollowed out, it's the newer one.

The newer one's weigh just under 4 ounces and the older ones weigh a little over 5 ounces.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-TAC View Post
    I like my rear Buis to fold down if I'm using a red dot sight.
    I did a recent "Budget" build and decided to try this sight.
    Yes, it's made in china. But except from the LMT name tag and the higher price I can't see a differance. Might be a good choice for somebody that want's this type of sight without dropping alot of cash.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/586.php
    If you want a budget version of the LMT, find an old but genuine milspec height A4 carry handle and cut it down. Makes a fine fixed rear sight for $40 or so and some elbow grease. No doubt the LMT will look better but they'll perform about the same. (Sorry to the old hands, everybody knows this trick except the new guys.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    There are two of versions of these sights in the wild. A few years ago, LMT implemented some changes to the construction and material used in the sight. One quick way to tell (though don't quote me) is to look at the bottom of the sight. If it's hollowed out, it's the newer one.

The newer one's weigh just under 4 ounces and the older ones weigh a little over 5 ounces.

Thanks a ton.

Any idea who has them the cheapest?

Feedback Score
    Hey I know this was years ago...but I recently got an LMT for a 10.5 upper. Do you have any advice for zeroing the LMT? I am seeing a lot of different stuff...depends on barrel length, can use an allen key and drop the drum -4 clicks, all kinds of stuff, and I do not know what I should do with it. I either plan on a 50 yard zero, or the 36 yard zero. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post

I remember seeing the newer ones and thinking they were Chinese knock offs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234